Tool sharpening

Last year came darn close to doing the same thing. We had made a fire in the new fire place. 2 days later I was cleaning it out with the shop vac when I noticed the embers still glowing as the shop vac was hoovering them up. I smelled a little smoke and took it outside real quick.

Managed to shut it down before any damage happened, but the bag in the shop vac had some holes burnt in it. I was real glad I use the filter bags in my shop vacs that day!

Since then we bought a special metal vac made for fireplaces that can handle 'warm' (not on fire) ashes...

Brian,
That gave me a good snicker... I haven't burned up my shop vac yet, so good to know about the grinder... I do get some sparks when I sharpen tools....

The one thing I have done, I put some pen blanks that seemed a little wet in the microwave... I have a dedicated microwave in my shop for drying wood.... but evidently I set the MW a little high, started it to cooking and went about something else waiting for the MW to beep and let me know it was done and promptly forgot I had the MW working... with the other noise in the shop didn't hear the beep, but began to smell a foul wood smoke smell.... it took a minute to find the source of the smell and when I opened the MW, it was filled with smoke and my wood was smoldering and flowing from the inside.... first thought:eek:... get them out of the shop.:eek:.. so I grabbed them and tossed them out the door... on to a pile of dead leaves... evidently the wood wasn't as wet as I thought and now I know you can cook wood in a microwave. :rofl:

Brian,
That gave me a good snicker... I haven't burned up my shop vac yet, so good to know about the grinder... I do get some sparks when I sharpen tools....

The one thing I have done, I put some pen blanks that seemed a little wet in the microwave... I have a dedicated microwave in my shop for drying wood.... but evidently I set the MW a little high, started it to cooking and went about something else waiting for the MW to beep and let me know it was done and promptly forgot I had the MW working... with the other noise in the shop didn't hear the beep, but began to smell a foul wood smoke smell.... it took a minute to find the source of the smell and when I opened the MW, it was filled with smoke and my wood was smoldering and flowing from the inside.... first thought:eek:... get them out of the shop.:eek:.. so I grabbed them and tossed them out the door... on to a pile of dead leaves... evidently the wood wasn't as wet as I thought and now I know you can cook wood in a microwave. :rofl:

At least you learned that in your shop MW. Kalea was a bit miffed when I learned it in the kitchen.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Oh it takes about 2 weeks for the smell to go away :rofl::rofl::rofl: