Lil gloat

Jim Burr

So we were wandering around the neighborhood and I came across a firewood lot. Guy lives in a travel trailer so I was thinking it may be temporary. I said "hey...let's go look for wood" Stacey shook her head...if I wasn't sick...she'd have grabbed the wheel and steered toward Target:rofl:. She gave in and I tossed these in the truck for $10 total:eek:. Monster size Manzanita burls with a little burn marking. Now you say "But you only have a 1014!" Right you are! But I finally sold 2 more pens so my 1642 is paid for...once they go on sale later this year:eek:. I guess there will be plenty of time to see what will come out of these :doh:

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 70
  • MB2 (600 x 450).jpg
    MB2 (600 x 450).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
Those are fantastic.
We had a member in my club who specialized in turning manzanita burls. He would take his pick up to Cal. once or twice a year to load up.
I never did find out how he handled turning with stones caught up inside the burls.
We will need pics of your turned projects with those.

Man, those should be a lot of fun. :thumb: Has he got any more laying around? :D

Nope:(, but he has my card. Told him I'd make it worth his while:D...I'll toss in a 6 pack of Coors Light :rofl:
I drive by there all the time so my eyes are peeled...and rest assured...I can only use so much manzanita ;);)

Jim,

I'm guessing you are talking about the jet 1642. I found the average price is 21-2300 for them. Just wanted to mention that Woodcraft has the Nova DVR XP Lathe for 1,699.99 now till april 2. (does not include legs).

Just thought I would throw this out there if it was helpful!

Brian