Incra Re-visited

Ron Roase

Well after all my problems with my older Incra Positioner,I desided to go back and try some more. A long way yet to go but at least am further ahead this week then last. Just a small blind dove tail box with some small wooden hinges that I made and also a Bussnes card holder (of junk wood) that for the first one at least resembles what was in the picture. Will try again with a better grade of wood. I hade some poplar that was used on this one. At least I feel that some progress has been made and hopefully It will continue.:D:thumb:Blind Dovetail Box.JPG

Box open.JPG

Box with wood Hinges.JPG

Bussnes card holder 1.JPG

Bussnes card holder 2.JPG

Bussnes card holder 3.JPG

Thanks for posting this Ron! You inspired me to get my router table working again. :thumb: :thumb:

I have to admit, it seems stupid to have owned the Incra Ultra for so many years and to have only ever used it for a box joint here or there and maybe some channel routing. Sure, when I got it I made a bunch of the business card holders, but I haven't really used the thing in years.

So I broke it out and started playing with it today :thumb: :thumb:

Made some through dovetails with it and it really wasn't that hard. Just followed the directions and it was pretty easy.

Only problem is that I made them just a little too tight and they were hard to take apart after the test fit for the glue up!

Can't post any pics, well, because it might have something to do with the box swap due at the end of the month... :D

The hinges are really kind of neat ....In that when you make a box of wood its nice to beable to shape the hinge to what you would like to see on that box. Incra does have a hinge group that you can get to make much larger hinges. You need there kit because of the drilling guides. Maybe some day.....
Some times it takes me way to long to make , but then thats what I like to spend my time on these cold winterdays.:D:thumb::rofl: