Bittersweet Gloat

I've been walking on my lip for the past few days. My son left yesterday after a 2 month stay with me to go back to Argentina where he has been living and working. I don't know when I'll see him next.......
crying-1.gif

So today I pulled myself together and figured I'd drown my sorrows in this place. It's the only place around here that has some exotic wood. And I bought a little piece of Zebrawood and a piece of Gum. Don't know which variety of gum tree it is, but I liked the way it looked. Chuck is going to come in and say the gum wood is ugly because of the different colors....:p :D But I like it.

exoticsmarch9.jpg

When I got home I found i'd received an order from this outfit that I had previously raved about. I thought it was nice that he added some sheets of very fine sandpaper and a sanding disk to the order for free. So I got my first shellac and some aniline dye. There were a couple of other things, but I can't show them to you because of the upcoming BOX SWAP.

woodessenceshipment.jpg

It finally stopped raining, and LOML will be home tonight. So all in all, things are looking up. well, sort of.
blue.gif

No grasshopper different color wood is just fine. One must take care of how they build with funny wood.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Awww, it'll be ok. You'll see him again, I'm sure so just use that pretty wood and shellac and make him a christmas present...

Cheer up on the son bit, remember it could be worse, for instance...you could of been stuck with someone like me as your son :eek: :D

Sounds like vacation plans have a destination already picked out :thumb:

&...I had a piece of gum yesterday, bubblelishous {sp.?} I believe, Mmmmm... btw, bubbles & beards don't go well together :rofl:

Congrats on the box of goodies, and congrats on raising a son who's independent and adventurous enough to do something like live and work in Argentina. :thumb:

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I just have to keep real busy the next few days. :eek:

Chin up...gotta make them miss you as much as you miss them. ;)

I think he does, Darren. He was in worse shape than me when I dropped him off.

Cheer up on the son bit, remember it could be worse, for instance...you could of been stuck with someone like me as your son :eek: :D

Sounds like vacation plans have a destination already picked out :thumb:

Ken, you're probably a good son. And no, not really, I don't much like to travel. The last thing I want is to sit on a plane for 1000 hours to fly to Argentina. :rolleyes: Maybe you could go for me. :thumb:

Congrats on the box of goodies, and congrats on raising a son who's independent and adventurous enough to do something like live and work in Argentina. :thumb:

Thanks for that, Vaughn. Ah yes, that's the bittersweet part. I created a couple of monsters. :rofl: The little one (21) isn't much better. She's already volunteered in the Dominican Republic and traveled around Europe with 2 girlfriends. :rolleyes: She's already planning to go to Australia before grad school. And BTW, the kids pay for their own shenanigans, not Mom. She seems to get a lot of big tips as a waitress....I'm not sure why....;)

This reminds me of a story. Some time back, a friend's son asked me to help him find a better job. Age 18, strong, unattached, and *really* needed to earn some money. So I pulled some strings and got a friend to offer him a job in the oil patch. And not a death-defying rig job. And under the wing and close supervision of my friend. And starting at $200/day with the potential to earn up to $400/day within a month or two. But in the field. 3 weeks in and 1 week out. All living expenses paid. "No," he told me. "I can't be away from home." I thought what planet is he living on? I couldn't believe it. Just not in my philosophy.