It's Friday...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Not the kind of start we were all hoping for. Stu, Alex, Greg, & Kyle, glad you and your families are all safe, will keep those affected in our thoughts. Please let us know if there's anything we can do from this side of the pond.

As for me this weekend, I will probably be getting side tracked watching CNN quite a bit. I need to get the handles patina'd, mill out some trim to finish up the kitchen, and cut in a couple of electrical outlets. Also need to get busy on my taxes or filing an extension I suppose.

Expecting some decent weather, so may get some leaves cleaned up around the outside.

What's everyone else got going on?

Last edited:
I've milled the last of the trim for the fireplace - will start installing it on Sunday. ordered the glass (water glass) fr the doors yesterday - about 10-14 days for it to come inn. Almost there!!!

Today at 1:30 Jarrod and I are giving a talk on Restoring antiques at a Antique club meeting, then tomorrow we are going to a banquet for the Maryland Bow hunters Asso. The Jake should be home by then. He is driving back with my Cousin. And Shelly should be home Sunday from San Fran. Plus lookie what came in the Mail. Now you all can stop given hounding me about my Pictures. I like the new camera !

Attachments

• IMG_5447.JPG
    IMG_5447.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 31
Grilling for the first time since last fall tonight :D...woodturner's meetign tomorrow with my dad and then watching bball the rest of the day/night....maybe some shop time on sunday.

I have some work to do on my box for the swap.

I'm heading to an Estate Sale where the hubby did some woodworking - maybe there will be some of his wood stash left. The early report was not much in the tool world was still there - he's taking them with him.

Will be watching the Passaic River rise over the next 24 hours. My local downtown area is in the Passaic river flood plain so it's likely to get drenched. My house is up the hill so I should remain high and dry.

Cheers

Jim

Going to see Keith Burnes doing a demo on hollowing from a 1/2" opening in the am.Can't what to get to finely meet him.:D

Tell ol' Grumpy Burns I said hi. :wave: Then tell him you heard that I do all my hollow forms through a 3/8" hole, then enlarge it when I'm done just so it looks better. :rofl:

Saturday will be house chores, weedwhacking the hillside (my back hurts just thinking about it), and hopefully getting some of my recent mesquite haul roughed into a few bowls. Also need to get some time put into the swap box.

Sunday is an all day technical writing/help authoring seminar to learn about the latest version of one of the tools I use to make help files for software products. (Gotta keep current with the biz, even though I'm not in it right now.)

Monday is my other weekend day, and that's when I'll probably be doing all the stuff I wanted to do Saturday and didn't get around to doing. :rolleyes:

I have some work to do on my box for the swap.

I'm heading to an Estate Sale where the hubby did some woodworking - maybe there will be some of his wood stash left. The early report was not much in the tool world was still there - he's taking them with him.

Will be watching the Passaic River rise over the next 24 hours. My local downtown area is in the Passaic river flood plain so it's likely to get drenched. My house is up the hill so I should remain high and dry.

Cheers

Jim

jim, if he has any mahogany,(hondurian) and will let it go for 6 bucks a board foot, buy it all, Ill come and get it next week, Im hooked up to IV machine till tuesday, but if they guy has a nice stash, lay out the dough, you know Im good for it.

got the box of maple blanks for the rollers and meat mallets today. worked on the pics of pens for the web site. reworked the pics for the pens on the website so that they open a larger view in a different window. picked up some more lumber for the stuff i'm going to be making when the weather is more cooperative. also, waiting for the wife to call when she is done at work, roughly 3 in the morning.

Pretty good day.

Finished the prototype for the box swap. Glad I made a prototyp, because it really didn't turn out like I'd like, but I learned a few things making it.

Bought some new shop lights and put them up. I really didn't have enough light before. But I put up 3 of the T8 all season shoplights with some 'daylight' bulbs and boy did that make a huge difference. Still have 2 more fixtures to hang. That should really help out.

And then I prepped my boards for the box for the swap and spent a little time actually hoovering up all the sawdust and cleaning things up as well as I could until I make 20 more drawers...

All in all, it was good. I'm able to find things, and work, and not feel overwhelmed moving stuff around all the time. :thumb:

Been thinking about adding more lights myself. You get 4 ft or 8ft?

Got the 4' T8 fixtures that are supposed to work down to 0 degrees.

Got the 'daylight' lights that are like 6500k color value.

The fixtures were 19.95$ and I think a case of 10 bulbs was 25$?

I replaced 2 old cheapo t12's with 3 of the t8 fixtures and it's a HUGE difference. A little less wattage I guess than the t12's but the light output seems to be way brighter. Seems to take them a little while to come up to full steam, but I really like them. Well worth the small investment.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when I put up the other 2 fixtures.