Help needed on my Machinist Chest Cleanup

Jim, I just read through this tonight. I was :eek::eek::(:(:doh::doh::eek::eek: when I thought you were going to strip it. It sure looks like a million bucks now! Man that is sweet. My maternal grandfather had one on his workbench that came up missing after his death. That brings back many memories. I have looked at plans and have a couple different sets and someday may build one for each of my son in laws. Time, I need more time!! That is one great chest, excellent execution on the cleaning it will bring years of enjoyment and tool protection for you. :thumb::thumb:

Very nice Jim,

That's a great little tool chest that now has been restored well enough to serve many more generations! :thumb: :thumb:

Gerstner & Sons

Jim,

Your machinist chest was manufactured by Gerstner & Sons and sold under the National Cabinet Company name.

Great job on the restoration!

Hello John:

Thank you for your nice comment on my cleaned up machinist chest and welcome to the Family!

I'm very happy with the results and I am slowly filling it with "worthy" tools. It had a mix on some fine tools and some cheap junk in it when I got it.

I had read that National was Gerstner's "value" line of machinist chests - possibly on our website (machinistchest.com).

The drawer felt and 3 replacement knobs were ordered from your site.

Cheers

Jim Mattheiss