Keepsake Box

Ron Roase

Just another one of my boxes that started to be one thing and then ended up as another.:dunno: At the last minut I desided to put a drawer in to the box. A bit of a chalange but fun trying to work inside of the small area. Was just looking to try out different ways to use my wooden hinges. Wish I had seen the mark on the front at the right. By the time I saw it, Oh well that s why its called a Keepsake Box, But I used up a lot of scraps and it keeps me off the streets and out of TLOML way. :D:thumb::rofl:
Keep sake Box.JPG

Box with Drawer.JPG

Wooden Hinges.JPG
I will give it to some one with bad sight and they will just be happy.:rofl::rofl:

i was gonna try wooden hionges on the box swap this time but got to much otheres things to do so opted out but will next time on a box after seeing yours:) on the dark strip ron,, if that is just a stain dribble you could or can take wash it back with mineral spirts and then put finish back on it to blend it out if you want.. or just leave it and watch next time:) nice job:thumb::thumb:

That is a great little keepsake box. Those wooden hinges are superb!!!! I haven't tried making any yet, but yours are marvels!!! Any tips/hints or suggestions on making wooden hinges successfully?? :thumb::thumb:

Larry: What it is .... A sratch that was not visable untill I put the stain on. I caught it in a couple of other places And resanded them out. Didn't notice that one untill I had a clear coat over it.:(
Jonathan: I have the Incra positioner, It takes some practice even with a very precise piece of equipment as it is. I have seen some that guys have made with band saw, but I have a metal piece that seves as a drilling guide For 1/8th" hole for the brass rod to fit into. All brass rods are not created eaquil. I had to put some in my lathe and sand it down a couple thousants to fit. Now I drill a piece of wood and take it with me and test fit the rod.:D:thumb: