Wood Gloat

The wife and I were on our way to church last night when we drove by a friends house. He had taken a big limb off his maple tree that was over hanging close to the house. He happen to be in church so asked him if I could have a piece or two. He said heck you can have the whole log. He said some was kind of soft. So this morning I headed over with chain saw in hand. I ended up with two 14" bowls, three 13" bowls and one 12" bowl. I also have 3 pieces that are going to be HF's. He told me is was a silver maple but had red streaks running thru it. He told me if the tree doesn't make it that either later this summer or next spring it would be coming down. He said I could have as much as I want. The trunk is almost 4' across with some burl on the roots. Ought to be some nice stuff.

Attachments

• Maple 1.jpg
    Maple 1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Maple 2.jpg
    Maple 2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 37
  • Maple 3.jpg
    Maple 3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Maple 4.jpg
    Maple 4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Maple 5.jpg
    Maple 5.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 32
Bernie, if you see a white Ranger pickup with a lift gate in your yard late some night, ignore it. It's not me, and I'm not stealing your wood. Just go back to bed and forget you saw anything, OK? :D

Congrats on a nice haul. :thumb:

Thanks for the comments. Dan my granddad always told me the same thing. He'd rather be lucky than good.

Vaughn you may come by but all you will see are the cut offs and if you can get by the killer cat, the locked door you are more than welcome to get what you can.:rofl::rofl: