Old Auto Transporters

I had one of those Studebakers. We were at a DeMolay paper drive and it was sitting in a garage by the freight car we were loading. My parents loaned me $50.00 to buy it back in 1966.

I can't tell what the ones are in the last picture, but they sure look an awful lot like the 46' chevy that's sitting in my driveway.

But I don't think they are chevy's and I don't think they are 46'?

I had one of those Studebaker's in 1960.
The transmission hump was between the driver and passenger seats. The filler was right on top.
I drove it, in the dead of winter, from my Air Force base in Moses Lake, Washington to my home in Downers Grove, Illinois. The trans overheated something fierce and filled the car with fumes. I had to keep the windows open even though the temp outside was about zero. Every few hundred miles I had to refill the trans with fluid. Fun trip.
I sold it for $5.00.

Very cool pics, especially as there are so many Studys!

I love cars. I am well over 200 now, maybe closing in on 300. I just bought a 1947 Dodge pickup, has to be the ugliest truck in the world. Kind of like on of those dogs with all the skin, so ugly its cute.

Do I leave it stock, or do I make it so I can drive it and slide a Corvette suspension under it, thats my dilema now.....

Dan, your last four threads have all been "Off Topic". Get away from the computer, get out in the shop, cut something up . . . now! :rofl:

Very cool pics, especially as there are so many Studys!

I love cars. I am well over 200 now, maybe closing in on 300. I just bought a 1947 Dodge pickup, has to be the ugliest truck in the world. Kind of like on of those dogs with all the skin, so ugly its cute.

Do I leave it stock, or do I make it so I can drive it and slide a Corvette suspension under it, thats my dilema now.....

Wow, Larry you have 300 cars :eek::eek::eek: Be truthful now, you really own a junkyard. Right?? :rofl::rofl::rofl: