Any ideas why

Bart Leetch

I have been using Firefox as my browzer, however when I downloaded it to my new laptop it won't drop down my folders when I select save bookmarks I have a bunch of folders I save items to say like a folder for lathes & turning & one for band-saws etc when I open book marks it sometimes comes up edit this book mark. Confused..... I have gone back to using Explorer for now.

Bart, I may be misunderstanding what's happening on your laptop, but when you install Firefox on a new computer (or a computer that didn't have Firefox before), it won't have any of the bookmark folders that were saved on your old computer. (At least not unless you're using something like the Google Toolbar, which saves your bookmarks on a server so you can get to them from any computer on the 'net.) There are tools you can use to copy your old bookmarks to a new computer. I don't have any specific suggestions for migrating your bookmarks, but others here might.

I have been using Firefox as my browzer, however when I downloaded it to my new laptop it won't drop down my folders when I select save bookmarks I have a bunch of folders I save items to say like a folder for lathes & turning & one for band-saws etc when I open book marks it sometimes comes up edit this book mark. Confused..... I have gone back to using Explorer for now.

I used to use Mozilla exclusively until Google came out with Chrome. Chrome is the way to go these days. Its fast and secure.

Not sure if I am getting exactly what you are describing, but its possible you may need to download Mozilla again.

If you want to export your old bookmarks from Mozilla from another computer then do this.

Open up Mozilla on your old computer .
Click on Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks.

When you click on Organize Bookmarks it will bring up another window.
This is your Library of bookmarks and folders.

Click on the tab labeled Import and Backup. You will see a drop-down box with choices to Backup,Restore,Import HTML,Export HTML.

Click on the Backup tab and it will let you choose a location.

If your computers are not networked you can save your backup to a file and burn that file to a dvd/cd/flash drive , or what have you.

Then you go into your new laptop insert that storage medium you just created with your backup into the new laptop . Open up Mozilla and go through the same steps but this time instead of choosing backup from the library drop-down menu, choose Restore and it will then ask you where to restore from.

Hope that helps you.

Just wanted to add Bart. In the future if you upgrade a version or even decide to change Browsers you can import or export your bookmarks and folders from one Browser to another. Usually after you install a new Browser it will prompt you if you want to do this .