Great fun on the range

I got to meet with a few really great guys and a gal. I worked with 2 of the gentleman who never shot a flint lock before and in competition I end up 2nd in the shoot behind The Gal with the In'line with a scope LOL by 1 point. We shoot at various objects Cards on end at 15 paces, march mellows at 25 yards, gum balls at 20 yards. paper target at 25 yards and a few other novelty idems.

Attachments

• IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5501.JPG
    IMG_5501.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5509.JPG
    IMG_5509.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5517.jpg
    IMG_5517.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5512.JPG
    IMG_5512.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 26
Sounds like a really great time Dave. I signed up for some shooting competitions in my area recently too. This one will just be .22 pistols for fun, but a good way to get to know others.

Dave,

Thanks for the post. I used to shoot blackpowder guns but got out of it when my hunting partner retired (too old to walk the hills he claimed!) and I moved out of state.

I had a tompson bigbore 58 cal. Loved the gun. I've never shot a flintlock but it looks like fun! Outings like these are just good for the soul!

The one thing I learned in Blackpowder guns, was when you are plinking out in the woods (I don't know if you call shooting a 560 grain bullet plinking but...) and a spider comes down in front of you from the tree your under...filling the barrel 1/2 full of powder only and shooting off of your hip to incinerate a spider is not a smart thing to do. Bone head me thought there would be no recoil since there was no projectile. I could barley walk back to my car and I was laughing and crying at the same time. I did get the spider though! (started the tree on fire too but got it put out:eek:)

I'm going to have to get back in again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: might be funny now but I bet you not happy with yourself after that.
The guy in the Orange (Bob) never shot a black powder gun before and I worked with him. Got him holding the gun right and in the proper stance and hold for off hand. His 1st shot on paper was 1/2" off bull at 25 yards. He did good the rest of the day and placed in the top of the 40 some odd shooters that turned out.

Good day at the range. I am hoping to get back soon. Can't hold up my Jaeger flintlock so am back to a precussin. Lighter weight and shorter barrel. I'm not happy about it but I'll be shooting a front stuffer again.