Workshop Mission (1) Complete

Kris Petrosky

I have finished the first mission and that's clean the basement and make some space. My next mission is to understand the tools I bought and start construction. Beginning with a cool wood rack and then a workbench. Here are some pics of before and after. Sadly my dad has a bunch of crap that I'm going to throw out still....3yr old paint...ya Dad I'm sure your going to use that. :dunno:

Cleaned more of the basement but had to take up the space to move some stuff for party so doesn't look good. :p

P.S. If you ever go over to someones house and they have 3 cans of the same stuff with 1/3 left pick up one of those cans and smack em over the head with it. :bang:

Attachments

• Mission 1.jpg
    Mission 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 175
Also, If you guys could post some prices on how much it cost for your woodrack and workbench that'd be great. I want to try and do some creative designs while not going crazy with cost, so price caps are nice. :thumb:

Kris, looks like you made some progress. To be honest, it is a little hard to tell with the photos.

As far as cost of built items. that's up to you. You can build something cheap and functional or something really off the charts.

Careful there, frugality and wisdom go hand in hand. I for one have used a lot of three year old paint, but I'm sure he thanks you for cleaning the basement.

Clean up is looking good. You can make a very usable and sturdy workbench with cheap 2x4's and plywood. Thats all I have and they serve me well.

I probably have 25-30 cans of half full paint cans between the basement and garage. Feel free to come up here and smack me :doh:. Maybe I'll start lugging them to the dump tomorrow.:eek:

Well as right as you guys are you are also wrong. Our house basically has no maintenance outside anymore with the siding finished. The last major project he did was the deck about 14yrs ago. I'm sure you guys have cans of paint, but I'm also sure you guys built your own workshop or furniture instead of using a workshop built by the previous owner. :rofl:

I found one can so old that when i picked it up by the handle the caps on the can were so rusted the snapped off and the paint spilled all over. ><

Paint is one thing, but finding several bottles of the same "gardening" stuff is just obnoxious. lol

I am also very poor at understanding what's "reasonable" when it comes to particular things. My hope is to make some inventive styles that I can show other people how to make and they won't see the price tag and say..."Oh, it was that much, no wonder it does all that." So, pricing of what you built would be helpful.

The cost of goods to build my U shaped work bench. One wing 2 foot wide by 8 foot long turn 90 to a 2 foot wide by 4 foot long turn 90 to a 4 foot wide by 6 foot long. was zip, zero, zilch, notda cent.:thumb: How ever the cost of the room around it was a whole lot more.:doh::thumb::rofl:
Every piece of my bench is left overs collected from construction jobs.:thumb:

I hope if my son takes up woodworking one day that he don't talk about me and my "junk" the way you do you about your Dad.

So far my "half used" paint cans have served him pretty well. So has my left overs wood pile and my frugal offcut wood savings.

Bet your Dad can take a decent picture of his stuff though.;)