Compact Key Ring Knife

Les Elm

With a piece of Elk Antler for the knife handle.
Turned down, sanded to 400x, filled marrow pores with Med CA, sanded to 400x, buffed with Ultrafine Steel Wool, and polished with Hut Ultra Gloss.
These will be great sellers at the up coming Gun and Sportsmen Shows.

Les

2yw7t5k.jpg

2dua4i8.jpg

2570un4.jpg

To close the knife, first remove the threaded protector and unscrew the blade. Next, slide the blade into the tube and re-thread it onto the coupler. Screw the thread protector on to the exposed threads.

To open the knife, remove the thread protector and unscrew the blade from the handle. Re-thread the knife into the coupler, then slide the thread protector over the blade and thread it onto the exposed threads.

I want to see the face on the guy/gal that buys it and has to leave it at the TSA check point because he/she forgot they had a knife :rofl::rofl:. Sure looks pretty! :thumb:

Last edited:
Ditto here. Very nice work Les, and those should sell well. :thumb: I'd not seen these before. Who sells the hardware?

I want to see the face on the guy/gal that buys it and has to leave it at the TSA check point because he/she forgot they had a knife :rofl::rofl:. Sure looks pretty! :thumb:

I'll bet it would go through easily on the little tray for change, keys and such. I have a pill bottle key fob I made that, on the outside, is identical the knife thingy. Has never raised an eyebrow in airports. :eek: