Seeking comments about the Black and Decker Alligator Lopper

I was going to make a joke about how you lop an alligator. Then I looked at the 'critter'. Wicked.
Personally, I think a small electric chain saw would be handier. For brush and small trees I use a powerful Stihl brush cutter with a round blade that has chain-saw type teeth. It will go through 3" stuff with ease.

A guy at work used his dad's and liked it. I have a lot of trees to trim and I use a hand saw and a pair of long handled pruners. No cords, no ruined extension cords and still very fast.

I am a Stihl guy myslef.

Currently the MS260Pro saw and a FS250 Bike Brushcutter have had their share of work taking care of the property and pond here. Willows are no match for a Brushcutter.

Why not just buy a good electric chainsaw instead. I think you are limiting yourself in overall thickness by buying a scissor style gimmick head not to mention a cleaning nightmare.

If I were you I would look at a nice gas powered homeowner saw instead and a sawblade and decent set of pruners for the work that does not need a powered saw.

If you still want them though they are $79.97 at lowes.com right now.

I've not used one, but I've seen it in person and handled it, it looks mickey mouse, I think if your dropped it once from a ladder on to anything harder than wet long grass, you'd bust it. about 90% plastic, if I recall correctly.

I have a 12" Makita electric chainsaw, it works VERY well, cuts up the smaller stuff in a jiffy and will handle a LOT more than that little B&D unit.

little_makita_that_could.jpg

It does look a whole lot safer than a chainsaw in inexperienced hands, but is that you Frank? :D I don't think so.

My two cents.

I am a Stihl guy myslef.

Currently the MS260Pro saw and a FS250 Bike Brushcutter have had their share of work taking care of the property and pond here. Willows are no match for a Brushcutter.

Why not just buy a good electric chainsaw instead. I think you are limiting yourself in overall thickness by buying a scissor style gimmick head not to mention a cleaning nightmare.

If I were you I would look at a nice gas powered homeowner saw instead and a sawblade and decent set of pruners for the work that does not need a powered saw.

If you still want them though they are $79.97 at lowes.com right now.
I already have a very good set of "hand powered" loppers and a good gas powered chain saw. The former are good for brush up to about 2 inches in diameter and the latter is good for stuff with a diameter of 4 inches or more. I thought this might fill the gap between the two.

I already have a very good set of "hand powered" loppers and a good gas powered chain saw. The former are good for brush up to about 2 inches in diameter and the latter is good for stuff with a diameter of 4 inches or more. I thought this might fill the gap between the two.

Buy it from the Borg, if you are not satisfied, return it.... :dunno: