beech vase

Wasn't gonna post this as i can't seem to get a good pic, but what the heck. Was taking pics of the box for the swap and decided to get some shots of this also. the box pics came out looking good but for some reason i can't seem to get a good one of this no matter what. I bet i took 20 pics of this and these are the best that came out.:eek: Might need to invest in some more lights? The finial had a lot more detail than is being shown here. Size wise is 9 1/2x3" all C& C welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 019 [800x600].JPG
    019 [800x600].JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 020 [800x600].JPG
    020 [800x600].JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 015 [800x600].JPG
    015 [800x600].JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 39
Wow Steve, I think you knocked this one outa the park. :clap: I like everything about it. :thumb:

On the photo thing, you might try setting the exposure compensation (often called EV) on your camera one or two notches above zero to see if it'll lighten things up a bit. A 0.3 to 1.0 exposure compensation would probably make the things a bit more visible on the finial.

Hmmm... Thought I responded to this one already. I love this piece. The finial details are great, and it blends with the form nicely. Great job.

I take crappy photos, but I've had good luck using photoshop to make them better. In case you can't figure out that 'EV' thing that Vaughn is talking about...