A quick Trend air shield review

Chuck Thoits

The first thing I noticed right out of the box is the head gear is kinda on the cheep side for the price you pay for the shield.
It's one step above the 5 dollar hard hat head gear. So in this area I see room for improvement.
Next up is the visibility I give it 2 thumbs up in this and yes the glasses fit even with the ear muffs. :thumb::thumb:
This brings us to the ear muffs. They need some re-engineering. They do cover your ears but on mine they do not sung up to the ear. So they only cut the noise by (guessing)50%. Where a pair that fits up tight to the head does (guessing) 75% The arms also do not move as freely as one would hope. So you have to hold the helmet in place to move the muffs up and out of the way.( Not really a bad thing but on the hard hat I have for logging the muffs fit tighter to the head and when you want them up you can move them with out moving the hard hat.) (As long as you do both at the same time.)
I see room for improvement with the visor. It does not lift up out of the way. You must take the helmet off to get a drink or when not in use.
It is very quite running and seems to be quite effective at keeping the dust out. I am using a very scientific test to come to this conclusion. I can't smell the wood while I sanding it. So my research says it's doing a good job.:thumb:
On a side note if you have one or get one and after fitting it. It seems to give you a pain in the back of the head right at the adjustment knob. Take it off and push the knob in. You left it out after adjusting it and it is making an uncomfortable bump in the head gear.:thumb:
One more thing it works as good as it does even with my scruffy face. Unlike a respirator. Which leaks around my whiskers.:thumb:
Another thing that would be nice is if the shield was also rated as a hard hat. (It my be but I could not find that info)

Last edited:
That's a pretty much dead on review Chuck. :thumb:

Love mine, but the ear muffs just don't seem to work very well. I've gone to using headphone earplugs with them. Was using them anyway, so don't see the reason to double up...

That's a pretty much dead on review Chuck. :thumb:

Love mine, but the ear muffs just don't seem to work very well. I've gone to using headphone earplugs with them. Was using them anyway, so don't see the reason to double up...

Yup I was kinda bummed when I was planing and it was to noisy. I reached over to get my old muffs and they would not work with the shield.:(
Guessing I'll double up with foam ear plugs and the trend muffs.:(