Walker turner TS

Al killian

First, I dont have pics, waiting for the camerea to come in on tuesday. I just picked up a Walker Turner ts w2 extention on the right side and the 1 one the left. It also came with a Biesemeyer 50" rail and fence.It is a cabinet saw. Table is is great shape. Run smoth with a 2hp motor on it. Paid $500. We had to take all the ext. tables off to move it. Cant wait to get the shop floor done so we can get in place and use it.

It is a 10' saw, but the way it is setup you could run a 12" without a problem. At one point someone changed the extention tables from the soild ones to the light weight ones. The grate style are on it now. They work fine for me.

Is that one of the geared motor saws? Not that it matters - just think they're unusual and a bit interesting. That's a nice saw, especially with the Bies, 2hp motor, and brand name. If / when you would decide to sell it, you certainly won't lose any cash. Walker Turner has a bit of a cult following. I've got a WT drill press and have rebuild a 24" scroll saw. Nice stuff. As soon as i've got some time to play (hopefully in a few weeks), i'll get my "new" 1959 cabinet saw up and running. Can't wait - i understand your impatience.
Have fun with it - looking forward to the pics.
paulh

Hows a black drill press with flames sound?:D

Like you're drilling magnesium with a dull bit.

Seriously though, Walker Turner has a good rep. The only issue i've seen come up repeatedly is that some of the bearings they used had extended inner races and are no longer available. Don't know if that effects that saw though.

Have fun with it.

paulh

I just copied this from a file I had of a post on "The Practical Machinist" forum.

I got parts from the company mentioned, and the service was good. They seem to know their machines well.:)

#21 (permalink) 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
EarlH
Plastic Join Date: Mar 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing some searches, I came up with the contact information for a company called Walker Turner Serviced Machinery LLC. I sent them the pictures of the press and within 24 hours I received this response:

This is a classic Model 1100 20" drill press. The unit appears to have been set up as a production drill press with crank head and single table. We have a replacement return spring (new) avail, and some other parts (bearings etc) as needed to rebuild. We can also start you off with a full service instruction bulletin for this machine.

WT 1100 Drill Press Instruction Sheet package................................$12.00

We accept check, MO or Credit Card. If you would like to pay by Credit Card, we will send you an e-payment invoice via PayPal (PayPal account not required).

Walker Turner Serviced Machinery LLC
PO Box 666
Coventry, CT 06238

a subsequent email about the Instruction Sheet yielded the following:

The manual will contain parts breakdown, part numbers, everything you could possibly want to know about the machine. Vintage of your drill is 1940's. We have color perfect enamel paint - special bearings (new) etc. Many of our parts are reverse engineered new manufactured items.

The other Larry

Finally got to the shop and snapped off a few pics. They turned out decent for the poor lighting in that part of the barn.

Attachments

• rsz_wt_1.jpg
    rsz_wt_1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 57
  • rsz_wt_2.jpg
    rsz_wt_2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 52
  • rsz_wt_3.jpg
    rsz_wt_3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 53
  • rsz_wt_4.jpg
    rsz_wt_4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
That looks great despite the squeezed pics; congrats!

I was having truble getting the pics reduced enough for the site. The orginal pix where 2.59 M

I might have screwed somthing up.:rolleyes: Me and my duaghter spent a few hours tonight sanding down the tables and re waxing everything. This summer I plan on redoing the fence when it warms up. At one point someone replaced the tape measure on their and it just doesnt look right. We are going to sand blast it and recoat it. The main housing is in decent shape. Hopefully soon it will get painted

Ok lets try this again. These ones look much better.

Attachments

• WT_5.JPG
    WT_5.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 42
  • WT_4.JPG
    WT_4.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 45
  • WT_3.JPG
    WT_3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 43
  • WT_2.JPG
    WT_2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 44
  • WT_1.JPG
    WT_1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 46
  • WT_6.JPG
    WT_6.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
Yeah, those look better to me anyway.

Are those wings all cast iron? How flat are they?

Really looks like it would reduce friction and allow sawdust to fall through:thumb:

Brent, The tables are dead flat my freind brought over his flat edge and checked it fully assembled and there was no gap across the whole thing except the gaps. Yes they are all cast iron wings and weight a ton.