2011 Swap Box display thread

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Alright folks, here is the tread where you post your box when you receive it. So hopefully buy the end of the week this should start filling up with pics and comments. I am so looking forward to see what each and every one has come up with, this will be great:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Alright folks, here is the tread where you post your box when you receive it. So hopefully buy the end of the week this should start filling up with pics and comments. I am so looking forward to see what each and every one has come up with, this will be great:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I mentioned sometime ago that my box will not be ready by the end of March; due to the fact that I want to lacquer spray finish it which I can't do in the house at this time of year. As well it is still below the 50°F recommended temp. for spraying lacquer in the garage.:dunno:

So you will have to wait till it warms up somewhat. Least anyone doubt that my box is completed, all but the spraying, here's a teaser. Best I can do for now, and hope you like it when you receive it!
attachment.php

Bob Gibsons Swap Box!

Wow!

Lookit what I found in the post office box today!!!! :thumb:

A beautifully executed small box made out of cherry and Mahogany! :thumb::thumb:

But what? The note says it's a "Plane" box :huh: Was it a misspelling? The box sure doesn't look "Plain" at all to me. The grain flows nicely round the sides and the joints fit nice and tight. Doing stuff in this size demands a lot of attention to detail! :huh:

So I open the box, and there it is! A beautiful little figured maple plane with cherry accent strips built in! :thumb: :thumb:

The plane is very cool, the blade is made from an old chisel and has a custom modified Brass thumbwheel!

I can't tell you guys how cool this is, both the box and the plane!!!

Thanks so much Bob, I will put these on a special display in my shop, once I finish organizing it! :thumb:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-2930.jpg
    FWW-2930.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 434
  • FWW-2931.jpg
    FWW-2931.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 439
  • FWW-2932.jpg
    FWW-2932.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 437
  • FWW-2933.jpg
    FWW-2933.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 436
  • FWW-2936.jpg
    FWW-2936.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 435
I got home from work today and found this:

Box Swap 002.jpg

I'll have to get it opened up . . . .

Wow, take a look at this. Tom could not have picked a better box type for me. I have been meaning to try a bandsaw box and here's some major inspiration. This is going in the living room. I even have some other arched and laminated buddies for him to hang out with.

Box Swap-frt.jpg Box Swap-open.jpg Box Swap-back.jpg

What a great signature idea. How'd he do that?

Box Swap-bot.jpg

And a note enclosed telling some of the tale.

Scan_Doc0001.jpg

Thanks so much Tom and a big thanks to everybody involved; swappers and watchers.

Last edited: