Incredible Workshop

Ned Bulken

Saw this shop mentioned in a thread over 'next door', but for those who don't head over there, just had to share it.

http://www.plamann.com

Solo shop owner, though I'm sure he has some workers, given the complexity of his installations. SPinny guys, check out his MOAL, mother of all lathes. Anybody, check out his double groin ceiling in his office.

Yes. I have his site bookmarked. Don't visit often.

Incredible work indeed.
Awesome ceiling in his office:eek:
Incredible staircase also :D
And those lathe modifications are super neat :thumb:

Some amazing professional shop. That lathe is ingenious. It looks like a pantograph tracer with a powered cutter head. And, I swear, it looks like it has a powered tailstock too.
Actually, it also looks like all the fun would be gone from the turning process.

Man alive, what a shop, and what magnificent work!:eek:

Can you just imagine what would come out of a collaboration between this gentleman and Mark Singer.:clap: :clap:

Man alive, what a shop, and what magnificent work!:eek:

Can you just imagine what would come out of a collaboration between this gentleman and Mark Singer.:clap: :clap:
This would be a scary thing. I have seen, in person, some of Mark's work and with this guys talent I can't think that much....it hurts.:doh: :doh:

I was just surfing around on Tom's site, and found these gems of wisdom:

Woodworking tips
Tip # 1
Make sure you know how your tools work. Take the time to understand them. You will be safer, and get more out of them, once you know what they are capable of doing.
Tip # 2
Don't call me if you have some stupid question that you're too lazy to figure out on your own.
Tip # 3
Call me if you have tried to do something and you just can't get it. I will be more than happy to walk you through it. It will make more sense to you, if you have already put some thought and time into the solution.
Tip # 4
Keep your shop tidy. You will be amazed at how much time you can save by taking the time to keep things orderly.
Tip # 5
The biggest tip of them all. Use your own brain! Try things on your own. You will be suprised how much you can figure out when you TRY! Too many people give up too quickly, and then search out someone else for answers. You will learn how to think things out, once you start thinking. Try it, it doesn't hurt.
Tip#6
You will get kick back on a table saw when you do something stupid on it.
Tip#7
You will not get kick back on a table saw when you think!

I will be posting tips for advanced woodworking on this page in the near future. Come back! And don't lose any fingers!