A couple more with twisted finials

Here are some pictures from the last batch I took. The first is Cherry, 4" x 9-1/2". I filled a void with turquoise, Holly finial and WOP finish;

021-3.jpg

Next, is Tulip Poplar, 9" dia. x 12" tall. Walnut finial, threaded. AO finish. The wife has layed claims on this one.

010-9.jpg

006-15.jpg

As always, comments and critique are welcome.

Man, you're gonna own the trademark on those twisted finials if you keep it up. Great work, man. :clap:

Those twisted finials are just excellent! You sure seem to have those nailed down tight :thumb:

Did you not look at the photos? They're not nailed. They're screwed on. :p

Sometimes these pictures make me to ditch all my tools except for my hammer and crowbar...!

I can't even imagine making those twisted pieces but they sure are sharp....

Nice

Garry

Not too sure about the first one but you hit the second one right out of the park. I can see why your wife got the dibs on it. I think I didn't like the shape of the first one and the finial on the second is pretty close to perfection.

I appreciate all the comments. I've been asked by a few to do a photo tutorial on how I make those spiral finials, and I had it completed last week. Sad part is now I can't find it.:dunno: The text was done on MS Word, and at the end of each session of working on it I would save it. Then, when I added the photos, things went haywire. The title is still shown, but I can't get it to show up.:huh: Pretty obvious I'm a computer dummy...maybe I'll try again sometime.

I appreciate all the comments. I've been asked by a few to do a photo tutorial on how I make those spiral finials, and I had it completed last week. Sad part is now I can't find it.:dunno: The text was done on MS Word, and at the end of each session of working on it I would save it. Then, when I added the photos, things went haywire. The title is still shown, but I can't get it to show up.:huh: Pretty obvious I'm a computer dummy...maybe I'll try again sometime.

Sometime soon I hope :D