Howdy from a noob in the Colorado Mountains

Mark Rice

I will try to keep this short.
Retired from the Army three years ago.
Moved to the mountains.
I like wood working. I have some basic skills but not any of the technical skills most of the people on this site have.
I am trying to get back into leather working but the remodel and maintenance on this place is taking all my time.
I am up to my butt in alligators. The wife wants three new bathrooms, 2 new bedrooms and a total kitchen remodel done. We aren't adding anymore space. Just moving walls around the existing structure. We want to do all the cabinets to be done in beetle kill pine from our property. I dropped about 25 trees last year and have 30 to 40 trees that are dead standing that need to come down before June. I need to build a work shop in the garage to do all this.
I have a very smart and great wife that loves power tools.
I will be asking for a lot of advice. I am in over my head with all this remodel stuff. Putting up walls and installing stuff is easy. Making the stuff to install is a little harder. It's going to be a step learning curve.
Thanks,
Mark

Welcome to the Family Mark. :wave:What part of the CO mountains are you in...I've spent a bit of time in the area of Rocky Mountain National Park area and Boulder...lovely country!

Welcome Mark! :wave:

We've got a lot of helpful folks here, so feel free to jump in and start asking questions! :thumb:

Welcome Mark. :welcome: Greetings from Vancouver Island, where it's sunny today for a change! :wave:

There are people here of all skill levels, so don't be shy about asking tons of questions (I do). :D

This is a warm and friendly group, and you'll find plenty of help for whatever projects you're working on.....Welcome to the Family. :type: :coffee: ;)

Welcome from south of you in NM! Good luck on your projects - sounds like major work to me! I'm a putzer and a tinkerer of small things these days - no help here!
mj in nm

Hi and another, "Welcome Aboard."

I have spent a fair amount of time in Colorado. My wife was born in a wide spot in the road, Olathe. It is near Montrose. Her father farmed there. One of her brothers raised quarter horses for racing in Montrose. I just visited a lot.

Montrose is where I learned that it is a lot further down from a horse than up onto a horse.

Enjoy,

Jim