Obscure Stranded Burl Bowl

OK amigo, you are veering off into eccentricity land here. It's ok as long as you're not down, out and homeless. Then you would be called something else. It's beret time for you, and if you don't have one, I will personally take up a collection here to ensure you have one by Christmas.:rofl:
Happy Holiday,
mj

Just when you think it all has been done---along comes Vaughn!

Nuff Said,

Enjoy,

Jim

I do appreciate the compliment, but Don Orr bet me to it with this box:

attachment.php

He also proved that with enough stabilization, OSB can look pretty smooth. :thumb:

I don't have a lathe yet, used to use my Grandpa's years ago. Really enjoyed the fun things you could do with it.

I'm sure Chuck has access to this, I would love to see one of you turn something out of an LSL, PSL or some Avantec OSB. I guess the Avantec could be called a stabilized OSB, shouldn't be as 'flaky' as regular OSB. (they say it doesn't swell with moisture, but it still does on the edges, but much more stable than plywood or regular OSB when really soaked.)

I've seen some furniture made out of some PSL's (by Ilevel) and they were very cool, heavy, but cool in an odd sort of way.

Just a thought for more fun!

Brian

I don't have a lathe yet, used to use my Grandpa's years ago. Really enjoyed the fun things you could do with it.

I'm sure Chuck has access to this, I would love to see one of you turn something out of an LSL, PSL or some Avantec OSB. I guess the Avantec could be called a stabilized OSB, shouldn't be as 'flaky' as regular OSB. (they say it doesn't swell with moisture, but it still does on the edges, but much more stable than plywood or regular OSB when really soaked.)

I've seen some furniture made out of some PSL's (by Ilevel) and they were very cool, heavy, but cool in an odd sort of way.

Just a thought for more fun!

Brian
Brian i also have access to them. Might grab some pieces from work and give it a turn just for you.:rofl: