Just a report of Good Customer Service - Woodcraft

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So I got an order from Wood craft today. (8 of the woodriver parallel jaw clamps).

I had also ordered just a little small part, a little vacuum hose adapter.

Well, that little part got crushed by the clamps.

I figured since it was past customer service hours I would just send an email to their customer service telling them the order number the part, the circumstances, etc...

I really didn't expect a response until monday.

But about 15 minutes later they had already issued a replacement order and apologized for the inconvenience, which wasn't a huge deal to my mind...

I just figure we always hear about the bad things, so wanted to spread the good word, if you will, about this... :thumb:

I saw the adapter in your mini gloat thread. It looks like it's for a Fein . . .

I was in a Woodcraft store and accidentally left an item behind on the counter. We called to make sure it was still there - it was and they shipped it to us free of charge.

That was the first time we'd been in the store and I've been back often. I just wish it was closer that 60 miles away. It' ALL highway - due west on I-78 to Allentown PA but it's still 3 gallons of gas and 2 hours travel time.

Thanks for sharing the good news that Customer Service is alive and well.

Jim

I actually ordered a couple from Lee Valley (With the Narex Chisels) and that one adapter and a hose from WC.

I'm still trying to get a handle on using a vac with all of my small hand tools, So I'm ordering little adapters here and there....

I will give some credit to the FedEx driver. I was home for the delivery and he showed that the box was compromised a bit (only an 8" slit on one edge) and asked if we wanted to inspect/report it. I further looked and really only saw the clamps and another small piece, but saw nothing obvious without taking everything out to look for damage or missing items.

He said either way, he'd put in a report in case we came back later with an issue. Not sure if that made any difference, but I salute WC for stepping up to the plate :thumb:

I ordered some bessey kbody clamps from them last year and the plastic tabs at the end of the bar was broke on one. They not only sent me a repalcement free of charge, they threw in 3 extra ones just in case any of the other clamps were damaged and I didn't notice. Have also had an item left out before, called, no hassles they shipped it right away. Woodcraft isn't cheap, but the service is top notch.