Well boys I think I have caught another one

Chuck Thoits

The boy came out and asked if he could make a pencil.
So he made his first one today:thumb:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tn_pen 003.JPG
    tn_pen 003.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 138
  • tn_pen 004.JPG
    tn_pen 004.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
  • tn_pen 007.JPG
    tn_pen 007.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 137
  • tn_pen 008.JPG
    tn_pen 008.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 138
Very good way to introduce a younen to the fine art of woodworking. He'll get to brag about that at school next week and will be the coolest kid in class at least for a day or two.

Very good way to introduce a younen to the fine art of woodworking. He'll get to brag about that at school next week and will be the coolest kid in class at least for a day or two.

You bet he will be. And he will cherish it for a long time. I had a former student tell me a couple of weeks ago that her kids enjoyed playing with a toy car that was produced in a mass production unit in my class in 1980. She was proud to have been in that class and tell me the story of her car.

Nicely done Chuck! That's some sweet looking wood on that pencil!

Question, What is that operation going on in Pic 3? Looks like pressing operation?

Nicely done Chuck! That's some sweet looking wood on that pencil!

Question, What is that operation going on in Pic 3? Looks like pressing operation?

Yes Brent that would be my home made pen press. Should have just bought one at the store. It would have been cheaper than the time and materials to build that one.:thumb::thumb:
But on the other hand all the materials where just laying about the shop and as for the time. I prolly had nothing better to do.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: