bud vase

Well this one has a story behind it. After making the one i showed yesterday, my wife brought out this rose. It is the last thing that Solomon,gave her. Sol was our oldest son who died a little over 5 years ago. She finely thought it was time she could and wanted to have it out in the open. I had not ever seen this gift from him, as he had given it to her just prier to passing away.She showed me a glass vase she had sitting under one of the counters and asked if i had any more of that spalted maple. I didn't think i did, but went out in the scrap pile and sitting right in plain site was this piece just whating to become this vase. She loves it so that's all that matters to me. I hope ya like it, and all C&C welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 011 [800x600].JPG
    011 [800x600].JPG
    44 KB · Views: 50
  • 012 [800x600].JPG
    012 [800x600].JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 013 [800x600].JPG
    013 [800x600].JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 55
As one who also belongs to that sad botherhood of those who have lost a child, I found that a very touching story. Momentos such as that have great meaning for those left behind, especially a mother. Beautiful vase. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

I am sorry you had to make the vase for the flower/reason given. My heart goes out to you and Frank and others (my brother) for belonging to such a club. It is a beautiful vase for a beautiful flower.