Tool Chest

Don't know if it's still available, but Fine Woodworking online used to offer a picture of that tool chest for use as computer wallpaper (for Windows users, at least. I have it on one of my laptops.

Don't know if it's still available, but Fine Woodworking online used to offer a picture of that tool chest for use as computer wallpaper (for Windows users, at least. I have it on one of my laptops.

Yup, I just downloaded it today and made it my wallpaper... :thumb: :thumb:

I saw that chest in person when it was on display at the Smithsonian. I stared and stared and just tried to soak it all in.

One thin I have to say though, it bugs me that Norm was touching metal tools, like the Stanley #1, bare handed, then put it back without so much as a wipe. Then again, I'm jealous that he got to touch it at all.

There is a story goes with the chest, that when Mr. Studley passed on, he left the chest to a friend, who had 2 sons. One got a 50 something Chevy, the other the tool chest - and they swapped em for each others item. I think it's a true story. Last I heard, the son who owned it sold it to a collector for an undisclosed amount, who then loaned it to the Smithsonian.