Show me the Cookies!!

Forgive me spinny guys, as I usually don't visit your land much. That is about to change, I hope.

I picked this up yesterday. Wanted to wait until Larry was well north of me before I posted about it.

picture.php

He threw in some tools, they have life in them yet, so I can't turn them down.

picture.php

This was also in the deal. Really don't need another planer, but what the hay.

picture.php

Now all this talk of, "Come to the dark side, we have cookies." I still have yet to find the cookies in this thing:D

Pretty nice score you got there Steve!

Heck, Turning is just another good way to ruin some nice wood. I can butcher wood up pretty good both ways! Keeps the house warm in the winter time though...

Forgive me spinny guys, as I usually don't visit your land much. That is about to change, I hope.

I picked this up yesterday. Wanted to wait until Larry was well north of me before I posted about it.

picture.php

He threw in some tools, they have life in them yet, so I can't turn them down.

This was also in the deal. Really don't need another planer, but what the hay.

Now all this talk of, "Come to the dark side, we have cookies." I still have yet to find the cookies in this thing:D
Hey Steve; The 1st thing you are going to have to learn is where the tailstock goes in relation to the headstock. It looks to me you have the tailstock on the wrong end!

I'd love to have that little sucker. Mine doesn't have the VS on it, but I just use it as a permanent buffing station.

You will definitely have some fun with that baby, no question!

Looks like Mack is right Steve. How about if I meet you in Scottsburg to take possession of that spinny thing just to protect you from yourself? My conscience would bother me if you fall into the vertex. I'm not a turner either, but I will go to great lengths to protect a friend. :woot::D;)

Ha, I just stuck it together real quick for the picture. The only thing I bought was the nova chuck. I have to go back and get a couple face plates he found. It's good to be part of a new club:D

It's all set up for out board bowl turning.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And welcome to the dark side Steve.

Larry is on his way over to fix you.

Hey Steve; The 1st thing you are going to have to learn is where the tailstock goes in relation to the headstock. It looks to me you have the tailstock on the wrong end!

I'd love to have that little sucker. Mine doesn't have the VS on it, but I just use it as a permanent buffing station.

You will definitely have some fun with that baby, no question!

Mack, I think it is setup for outboard turning. Steve, don't try that yet. Turn the head around, chuck up a piece of wood and slide the tail stock up to it and make a bonker, the cookies will come. That look like a nice one

Why did I open this thread?!

A couple weeks ago I was in Woodcraft to pick up a couple items. While there, I stopped and fondled all of the nice JET mini lathes they had on display. Luckily money is too tight right now or I may have had some 'splainin' to do later that evening. :rofl:

John

Oh and Steve sell the 734 planer cause your gonna need it....LOL. BTW, take all the cash you got laying around and put it on a table and take a picture of it cause it's the last time your gonna see that again....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I keep hearing that over and over Don. I think it will be a fun experience for sure. For no more than I have in it, I couldn't afford not to try.

Bob, I am keeping my flat stuff.

Sweet score Steve!! Now you can make your own cookies...or when you invite other turners over...they'll bring 'em! Congratz!!