burned but not turned

I know this might not go here as i didn't turn it.;) but it is round, and i did burn it.:rofl: burned this for my youngest son. Just a little pratice piece to see if i can get better. I really need one of them fancy burners like Jim just got. Not sure what the wood is as i found it in a drawer,i think it was something my wife bought for me to do some burning years ago.:dunno: found 2 of these pieces of wood so i'll do something on the other one soon. The pic i put on this was my interpretation of a pic i found on the interweb.:rofl:no finish on it and don't think i will for this thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Don't fool yourself Steve,

That's some pretty darn artistic burning you've done there. I can't draw a dot or a line, let alone anything like that. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So did you draw that on the wood in pencil first than burn it? Or did you just start off with the burner and draw it with that? Huh Huh I need to know :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Tell us more about how this burning proses works. Please:thumb:

Brent do you mean like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• tn_flag sketch.jpg
    tn_flag sketch.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, go ahead and ship your burner to Steve, but send the package to my house first. I may as well put mine in the box, too. :rolleyes: :p

That's great work, Steve. You sure seem to have a talent for drawing. About the only thing I can draw are flies and odd looks from strangers.

So did you draw that on the wood in pencil first than burn it? Or did you just start off with the burner and draw it with that? Huh Huh I need to know :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Tell us more about how this burning proses works. Please:thumb:

Chuck your right i drew it on the piece of wood then just followed the lines. Just like they teach you to do when your a little kid.;)The big thing is with these cheap burners is you have to stop and let them heat back up to often. Aslo like has been said you can't get down hear the end of the pen to control it as well as a pencil. I've always liked doing pencil work and just shading them so this to me is the same thing. Thanks all and like anything else all it takes is doing it over and over till you get better.:)