Think of Logan tomorrow

He goes in for surgery tomorrow (Tue). Its a risky surgery to begin with. Even if he survives the odds are still iffy (50-60 percent for his inner shunt and 80 percent for his external one).

We give all our pets at least one shot at a second chance and don't think anything less of this little critter who joined us on Christmas Eve. We hope the best for him to become the best shop dog ever.

Stray.jpg

Sending my best from SoCal. You all will be in my thoughts. I know you guys are doing your best for him, and I'm sure in some way or another, he knows that. ;)

hoping for quick and full recovery,, what is wrong with him sharon?

He's got what are called liver shunts, basically blood vessels that allow the blood to bypass the liver. All puppies have them, but they normally close themselves off within days of birth.

There is one out side and some inside the liver. The outside one is relatively easy to fix, while the internal ones are more tricky.

It means his liver isn't getting used much and is really, really tiny. Hopefully the surgery will fix it and he will be able to start using his liver again...

Remember how at the beginning we said he was so calm and quiet?

Like the worlds most depressed puppy? Those are some classic symptoms.

He also had high 'liver' levels when we had his blood checked.

Then a few weeks ago the toxins built up to a point where he started walking in circles and bumping into things. We took him to the vet, and he had to stay over night at the emergency vet on an IV to flush things out.

At that point they were able to diagnose what was wrong.

We then had an ultra sound done on him where they found the shunts...