What Is Up With Mercedes Drivers?

Well I think all you cagers are complete animals:D, especially when I'm riding my bicycle towing a trailer that weighs 110Kg (242 lbs):doh:

I think EVERYONE in a cage on the road is trying to kill me and if I give them the opportunity, they will kill me :eek: :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here in Tokyo, the gubbermint and mandated bicycles off the sidewalks, now by law we have to ride on the roads, except in special designated super wide sidewalk areas...... and you can imagine how few and far between they are :rolleyes:

Allen, get off your rant, no one was complaining about the choice of expensive car, they were stating anecdotal evidence that often jerks drive Mercedes, no one was attacking your personal choice, I applaud your work ethic and your right to choose whatever vehicle you wish :clap:

When I was a kid it was the old lady in a caddy you had to watch out for, not that she was a jerk, just that she was a dangerous drivers in control (sic) of a very large heavy vehicle, also old men in hats were statistically as, if not more dangerous than teenagers, but the most dangerous person on the road was a young mother with kids in the car :eek: I guess that was before we started strapping down kids into car seats.:thumb:

BTW, my Dovetail saw is just a cheap replaceable blade Japanese razor saw :D :wave:

...I drive an old diesel truck with a big rear bumper with a hitch on it...

I used to have a half-ton '82 Chevy diesel pickup. There was nothing real remarkable about it, but one feature I did like was the smokescreen device. I someone was tailgating me closer than I wanted, all I had to do was floor the accelerator and I'd blow out a cloud of black smoke so thick that I couldn't see the offending car in my rear view mirror. :p They tended to either back off or pass me after that.

...My absolute most hated driver is the guy that when you put on your blinker to move over to the next lane HE SPEEDS UP to try and block you...

Same here. After I'd lived in LA for a year or so, whenever I'd go back home to NM I was shocked to see how much of that went on in and around Albuquerque. Hitting the signal was a sure way to lose an opening in traffic. Common practice there seems to be to NOT use your signal for that very reason.

The type of driver that really gets me is the driver that gets onto the highway at 35mph!!:doh:

My grandma was one of these drivers. When I was in college I stopped by to visit her and she took me into town to do some shopping.

We pulled up to a stop sighn at an intersection of two highways (speed limit is 50, the road we are about to pull out onto does not have to stop).

So, grandma looks left, all clear. Grandma looks right, there is a truck about a mile away.

Grandma looks left, says something to me. Grandma then looks right, the truck is now about 1/2 mile away.

Grandma then slowly creeps forward further to the intersection. Grandma then looks left, still clear. Grandma then looks right, the truck is about 100 yards away.

Grandma then looks left and sloooooowly pulls out in front of the truck which is doing 50-60mph!!!:eek::eek::eek:

She then takes the next 1/2 mile to get up to 45mph!!!

I mentioned something to her about this and I get a response, "Don't worry honey, it was just your side of the car.":doh:

Oh, and around here, the bicycles that have to ride side by side instead of single file on the side of the road!! (Sorry Stu, I respect the bicyclists...but some of them around here seem a little off balance!)
I don't know how you do it, I'm afraid to ride my bicycle on the road anymore. I don't know how the traffic is in Japan, but I fear for my life sometimes on a motorcycle, I don't know how you do it on a bicycle!

I will describe a moron. Who happenned to be driving an old ford minvan, looked like a ford, might have been another make.
I was driving home up the Garden State Parkway in new jersey.(a 65mph speedlimit, often ignored, many go 75-85)
I am driving one of the highest performance vehicles around, known for its mechanical and structural superiority. I drove home at 73 mph. Set my speed control. Most cars pass me, so I stay in the right lane.
There are miles of space in the left lane and miles of space between me and any approaching cars.

The idiot in the van, a van with one female adult in the passenger seat, and 3 children in the back seat, climbed onto my tail, within 6 feet, going close to 80, just kept creeping up on me, and me not understanding why he just didnt pass me, which he did after coming within 3 feet of my car at 73 mph.
Im sure he felt he was intimidating me into going faster, even though I was in the right lane of the local part. He had 3 other lanes to fly in.
I can on any given day, beat his vehicle in reverse, but his van at those speeds is a death trap, cause one pothole or one swerve, all those kids are gone.
He is a jerk. And that jerk will take children with him when he makes a fatal error.

The absolute best one is the guy doing 55 in the passing lane.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Highways have a driving lane (funny it's for driving) and a passing lane.
Now here's what ya do ya drive in the driving lane until you come upon someone going slower than you. At this point you put your left directional on and if the cost is clear( Another point a lot of people don't get) You go ahead and move into the passing lane. Once you have safely passed them you put your right directional on and move back into the driving lane.:thumb::thumb:
Now back to the idiot that thinks just because they turned there directional on means its safe to switch lanes.:doh::doh: Or the one that I have to give yielding lessons to. I simply refuse to put my breaks on so you can enter the road in front of me. Especially when all they would have to do is lift off the gas and could slide right in behind me.:doh::doh:

The absolute best one is the guy doing 55 in the passing lane.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Highways have a driving lane (funny it's for driving) and a passing lane.
Now here's what ya do ya drive in the driving lane until you come upon someone going slower than you. At this point you put your left directional on and if the cost is clear( Another point a lot of people don't get) You go ahead and move into the passing lane. Once you have safely passed them you put your right directional on and move back into the driving lane.:thumb::thumb:
Now back to the idiot that thinks just because they turned there directional on means its safe to switch lanes.:doh::doh: Or the one that I have to give yielding lessons to. I simply refuse to put my breaks on so you can enter the road in front of me. Especially when all they would have to do is lift off the gas and could slide right in behind me.:doh::doh:

Oh, You are that guy! Got it! :eek:

hey Vaughn here is a pic of my car from the top of a 120 foot man lift.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

attachment.php

I sold it in 05 to get my truck.:thumb: Yes it is a CLK 430 benz

Attachments

• tn_benz.JPG
    tn_benz.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 85
I simply refuse to put my breaks on so you can enter the road in front of me. Especially when all they would have to do is lift off the gas and could slide right in behind me.:doh::doh:

That's one of my pet peeves since I moved to Nevada (must be all those ex-Californians :rofl::rofl:).

If you turn right on the road in front of me, or otherwise cause me to have to slow my legal speed to accommodate you...you're going to have me ride your you know what for a good mile. :rofl::rofl:

Sorry...that's my rant for the night

Oh or the race to the end of the ramp to get in front of that slow truck. Just to slow down once on the highway in front of you. Love that really it's the best.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I will describe a moron. Who happenned to be driving an old ford minvan, looked like a ford, might have been another make.
I was driving home up the Garden State Parkway in new jersey.(a 65mph speedlimit, often ignored, many go 75-85)
I am driving one of the highest performance vehicles around, known for its mechanical and structural superiority. I drove home at 73 mph. Set my speed control. Most cars pass me, so I stay in the right lane.
There are miles of space in the left lane and miles of space between me and any approaching cars.

The idiot in the van, a van with one female adult in the passenger seat, and 3 children in the back seat, climbed onto my tail, within 6 feet, going close to 80, just kept creeping up on me, and me not understanding why he just didnt pass me, which he did after coming within 3 feet of my car at 73 mph.
Im sure he felt he was intimidating me into going faster, even though I was in the right lane of the local part. He had 3 other lanes to fly in.
I can on any given day, beat his vehicle in reverse, but his van at those speeds is a death trap, cause one pothole or one swerve, all those kids are gone.
He is a jerk. And that jerk will take children with him when he makes a fatal error.

I agree wholeheartedly. :yes: Especially with a load of kids (or any other people) in the vehicle. I never understood why some people wait until the last minute to change lanes when there's enough room to land a 747 right next to them.

And Chuck, I agree with you about slow drivers in the fast lane. (We don't really have passing lanes on the freeways out here. They are all passing lanes .) I always figured if you're not ready to boogie, then don't get out onto the dance floor. :rolleyes: :p

What an LA passing lane looks like:

405freewayweb4zs.jpg

:p

And Chuck, seeing your Mercedes on the jobsite reminds me of a story a carpenter friend of mine tells. Years ago he was working on a big construction site (a nuclear power plant) in the northwest US (I think in Washington) and the employee parking lot was essentially a flat mud pit much of the year. It was a high-paying union job, so all the guys on the site were pulling down nice checks and nearly everyone had nice pickup trucks. Instead of getting their trucks dirty, a bunch of them bought cheap beater cars to drive to and from work. My buddy had some type of primer brown convertible sedan with a Visqueen top duct taped to it. We're talking high end road machines. :D Apparently, the game each morning was to pull into the parking lot with the pedal to the metal and do a power slide/drift into the next available parking space. If you happened to hit the car you were parking next to, oh well, it was ugly anyway. The convertibles were popular because you could climb in and out of them even after your doors had been hit so many times they wouldn't open. :p

I see that you are parked by all your friends Chuck. :rofl::rofl: Yea Vaughn I have worked on big union jobs like that too up north in the oil sands and pulp mills and Dam projects. I use to have an old F250 4x4 truck just like that. the parents were always getting on my case when i came down as to why I drove such crappy looking trucks and i just couldn't explain it so they could undertstand. :D

Well I think all you cagers are complete animals:D, especially when I'm riding my bicycle towing a trailer that weighs 110Kg (242 lbs):doh:

I think EVERYONE in a cage on the road is trying to kill me and if I give them the opportunity, they will kill me :eek: :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was discussing the rules of the road with a wise old fellow cyclist, and he pointed out: "you can be dead right, but you can also be DEAD, right?" And he was right. In any accident, the bike loses, doesn't matter if you were within your rights or not.

So, like Stu, I always drive defensively on my bike. Just yesterday I had to run an errand that took me off my normal route home, and I totally broke the law by riding on the sidewalk with bike for about 50 meters to get to a cross street. (we have the same no-biking-on-the-sidewalk law) The alternative was to ride my bike on an insanely busy 4-lane street during rush hour. Forget it! :crazy:

Oh, and around here, the bicycles that have to ride side by side instead of single file on the side of the road!! (Sorry Stu, I respect the bicyclists...but some of them around here seem a little off balance!)

Depends on your state/province whether that is legal or not, Brian. Here in Ontario it is not illegal. I can provide links to articles that explain how riding double file on bikes in certain specific situations is actually safer than single file -- since you are more visible, your group of bikes is shorter to pass, etc.

I believe most of the actions described here are from drivers that are distracted and not paying attention while behind the wheel. We, the human species, get complacent when we experience something over and over. We fail to pay attention to driving like we should because we are so used to it. We fail to pay proper attention to that spinning saw blade because we've used it so many times without a problem.

A friend at work always gets worked up when I tell her about some bear encounter I've had. When I point out the deaths/year for bear vs. the same for cars she still says bears are MUCH more dangerous! I think the scariest part of going hiking is the drive to/from the trail head.

And don't get me started about cell phones and driving...

This has been a fun thread....

Ooops, I'm typing this while driving on my BB...Just a second...

Ok, almost spilled my coffee... YEAH! SAME TO YOU BUDDY!!....

Sorry there again, guy just honked at me for weaving into his lane...

Wow, can't even finish typing and had to answer a call, ok, that's done. Where is my donut? There we go, now I can finish typing with one hand, steer with my knee, finish my donut, and since its on cruse control I can tap my feet to the beat of the music!

Wow, another horn, what was that for? Oh, something fell out of the bed of my truck I forgot to secure, well, didn't need it anyway.

What was this thread about again?:D

This has been a fun thread....

Ooops, I'm typing this while driving on my BB...Just a second...

Ok, almost spilled my coffee... YEAH! SAME TO YOU BUDDY!!....

Sorry there again, guy just honked at me for weaving into his lane...

Wow, can't even finish typing and had to answer a call, ok, that's done. Where is my donut? There we go, now I can finish typing with one hand, steer with my knee, finish my donut, and since its on cruse control I can tap my feet to the beat of the music!

Wow, another horn, what was that for? Oh, something fell out of the bed of my truck I forgot to secure, well, didn't need it anyway.

What was this thread about again?:D

FRESNO and all points in between!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: