recieved the call today

Thanks All. So it was a good last day on the job with the old company and they were sad to see me go and offered me to come back at any time if things don't work out with the school board or if I get laid off again. As promised here are some pics of the building I have been working on as well as a couple of suites. They were originally selling for 144,000 and this is right down town Victoria. The show suite has a wonderful view of the brick wall of the next building and one lady who bought two suites to make one large suite and had a private deck put on the roof. I spent 5 days installing all the tall deck doors to the court yard and they had just started installing the decks yesterday. The brick work is done and as it is a heritage building it is what it is.

Attachments

• oriental hotel 029 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 029 - Copy.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 28
  • oriental hotel 028 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 028 - Copy.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 28
  • oriental hotel 031 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 031 - Copy.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
  • oriental hotel 001 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 001 - Copy.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 29
  • oriental hotel 008 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 008 - Copy.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • oriental hotel 012 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 012 - Copy.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 26
  • oriental hotel 013 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 013 - Copy.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 26
  • oriental hotel 014 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 014 - Copy.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 27
  • oriental hotel 035 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 035 - Copy.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 25
  • oriental hotel 040 - Copy.JPG
    oriental hotel 040 - Copy.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Drew, that is some craftsmanship going on there! Who in their right mind wouldn't pick that over that metal modern building on the left in your first picture? I am always happy/excited to see an old building with that much character renovated and given a new lease on life. My hat is off to whomever is doing/spearheading this project. I don't doubt they have gone through many carpenters. This is so much more than slapping up a house (no disrespect to framers or home builders) but many are not capable or want to take the time to see the possible outcome/prize of this building. It takes carpenters with a vision for sure. Good luck with the school again. I have seen senior maintenance with little work experience/ethics be scared of newer guys with knowledge. Of course the new guy gets laid off. Some maintenance guys are only good at dialing or pushing the buttons on a phone to call someone in! :huh::dunno: Heck the school secretary could do that. To my notion the maintenance guys are there to be first on the scene and be able to work a fix. Enough from me. Congratulations again Drew, hope it works out my friend. :thumb::thumb:

If it were easier to transfer my med license up there...I'd be on that like white on rice. That is some vintage craftsmanship Drew!! :thumb::thumb:

If it were easier to transfer my med license up there...I'd be on that like white on rice. That is some vintage craftsmanship Drew!! :thumb::thumb:

ah come on jim dont yu like the hustle and bustle of sunny california:) its right on top of one of my lists of places to NOT LIVE:) northern cal is ok but the stuff that vaughn lives in no thanks.. to many people..good luck drew on the longevity of this round at the school job..

ah come on jim dont yu like the hustle and bustle of sunny california:) its right on top of one of my lists of places to NOT LIVE:) northern cal is ok but the stuff that vaughn lives in no thanks.. to many people..good luck drew on the longevity of this round at the school job..

Ha!!! Good of bad Larry, I'm a rare breed...a native Californian:rolleyes:. I grew up in Monterey...right on the beach at an extremely slow pace. I spend a lot of time in the San Francisco Bay area and So Cal... they are both insane:eek::eek:!!!! I usually take my BMW to SF just to be able to avoid traffic crap:eek:;). One of these days we'd like to move to Washington...maybe Oregon to get that pace back. I'll relate the story about tossing Vaughns soda's across the back of my truck :eek: someday...sweet Ca driving move that I think is being covered in another post:eek::p?