Hello from Glenwood, Utah

Mike Cebula

Hello everyone. My name is Mike Cebula and I'm into woodworking primarily as a hobby and to make sawdust as my primary output. I retired from IBM in 1998 and have spent a good deal of my time in our motorhome touring the USA. Getting a little old for that and am staying home more now.

No special woodworking effort. Have built various items for the yard and some household items. Lately got more serious in putting together a viable shop. Since I'm cheap, a good portion of my shop furniture/jigs is from HD 'culls' and anything I can scrounge from the neighborhood and yard sales. Even been known to take away a tree trunk or two. I also enjoy restoring old hand tools.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the folks on this forum and hope to be able to contribute something.

Mike

Sure sounds like we can learn from you also Mike. Look forward to seeing your participation in our family here. We have some family members in and around Utah, never know, one might be in your neck of the woods and we have been known to travel to meet each other. Larry our ambassador is our shining example. See his "Tour de Wood" tour threads. Welcome aboard. :wave::wave:

welcome mike,, meet another fella last week from your state he was working as a consultant for a medical company in my state,, but i dont think your him i cant remeber his name but he too was woodworker and i mentioned this forum to him..

"Glenwood, UT?" :dunno: I had to look it up on Google Maps.

I've only been close to your town once. That was 10 years ago, the day I took "the long way" from Orem to Moab on my motorcycle ... via Nephi, Salina, Capitol Reef National Park and Green River. :huh:

I've ridden most of the roads in Utah that show up on a map, but I still lack a lot of miles in southern Utah, especially south and west of your place. (I've ridden US 89 all the way to Canada, but only as far south as Salina!)

Anyway ... welcome to the Family! :wave: Maybe I can get myself back on the "bike" (a Suzuki GS500E) and down your way this year. (I'm taking a Boy Scout troop to Goblin Valley a week from today, but we probably won't come your direction.)

Hi,

Welcome to the family.

We are pretty relaxed and laid back. If you are a little bit crazy you will fit right in. It is a great group. You will probably get your leg pulled, pick up a bit of sass and get any question you have about woodworking answered.

Enjoy,

Jim

Well Mike, I thought about ya ... but didn't make the turn. :(

I spent last Wed-Sat with a youth group at Pine Lake campground, about halfway between Antimony and Ruby's Inn / Bryce Canyon. I drove down I-15 from Orem to Scipio, then took 50 across to Salina, 24 to the Koosharem turnoff, etc. I drove home the same way

If I'd been by myself I'd have stopped in to say hello, but I had 3 young men in the car who were either hankering to get to the campground before everyone else (which we did) or hankering to get home before everyone else (which we also did).

Some other time...! :wave: