Bosch Jigsaw (1587AVSP) $69.99

Tim Armstrong

Wow... this is really amazing price on this jigsaw. Yes, the new Bosch jigsaws are a little easier to use but for $70 shipped, this is hard to pass up. This is Amazon... search for B0000223GF

Well... sorry folks, that one didn't last long. :doh: Now it's back up to $119. But, probably a good one to watch. I've been shopping for jigsaws and the Bosch 1591 has held my eye but I almost pulled the trigger on this one since the 1591 is about $160. Anyway, this 1587 has been all over the board on Amazon pricing lately.

Awesome price. I have the older bosch. I remember paying $170.00 several years ago.

I'm going to have to quite looking at these deal posts:eek:
Last two weeks----
16 boxes paslode nails
Another Bosch PS-20 cordless.
Two freud 10" blades
Two freud 12" blades
691 D-handle.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have the 1591 and it is a great saw but for $70 I would have gone for the 1587 for sure. A great deal. Must have been to good of a deal to be back off now.

I agree Allen - wish I would have just pulled the trigger. Who knows, Amazon has been so crazy lately maybe I'll just keep watching it.

For some perspective on that Bosch price

In 1984 I bought a Bosch 1581VS jigsaw. It has a stamped base and requires a screwdriver to change the blade. I have cut a lot of precise curves in 1/32” to 1/8” steel with this saw, as well steel plate to ½”, aluminum, and yes, plywood and lumber too. It is still going strong and is accurate.

The hot deal at that time was from a company in St. Paul, Minnesota, Tools on Sale, Seven Corners Ace Hardware. They ran ads in the back of FHB.

$229.00, plus shipping.

Did you get it Tim?

:D I sure did Allen! I didn't want to pass that one up twice! Even though the 1591 sure looks awesome, I guess I figured that I couldn't justify the extra $100. ... or the extra $200 for the Festool. I think it will be a great tool and this deal makes me feel even better about it. ;)

I hope mine will last for 23 years like Frank's has!

Gonna pass. I've had too many great deals this last week.
Besides my older bosch is still ticking. :D

I think that you made a great buy Tim. They make a big deal about the barrel grip but either one suits me. I do like the blade change on the 1591 but for a hundred bucks I can reach for a screwdriver. If I used it day in and day out with a ton of blade changes it would be a different story. They both cut great and both last a long time so how much more can you ask for.

Well, I didn't get as good a deal as Tim,:( but I did get the $89.99 price in the wee hrs yesterday morning, and it should be here late today.:) I did get a surprise, because when I did the "one click" thing, it was on the 1587AVSP model, NOT the 1587AVSK, because the 1587 AVSK was showing $119.99 at the time and I didn't recheck the model on the order invoice that came up, so I was surprised late in the day when I got the shipping notice and saw it was the (Kit model) 1587AVSK instead of the Saw only, so I didn't feel "QUITE" as bad at missing the $69.99 deal.:D

Thanks to TIM,:wave: :thumb: for the heads up on this as I had been needing to replace my 30 yr old Skil that finally gave up the Ghost about 4 months ago.

I think that you made a great buy Tim. They make a big deal about the barrel grip but either one suits me. I do like the blade change on the 1591 but for a hundred bucks I can reach for a screwdriver. If I used it day in and day out with a ton of blade changes it would be a different story. They both cut great and both last a long time so how much more can you ask for.

Thanks Allen - I agree, looking forward to it!

Thanks to TIM,:wave: :thumb: for the heads up on this as I had been needing to replace my 30 yr old Skil that finally gave up the Ghost about 4 months ago.

Glad it worked out Norman!