There's a morel to this story

Brings back memories of mushroom hunting with my dad as a kid!

I haven't had a morel in, well, probably since those days but I can still taste them...

Very Cool!:thumb:

They hunt for these things all over this state. I've seen them growing in the flower beds around here from the mulch that they got from somewhere. Must have had the spoors from the original location.

I've never had one, but hear that they are very good.

How do you cook them?

I'm jealous. They really are delicious.
The comment was made they are only seen in spring. I'm sure they are around in the fall also. I used to see them during the early muzzle loading deer season about mid-October along with brain coral mushrooms. Also great eating.
Those are the only kinds I'll pick to eat.

I'm sure it's all safe for those that know what they are doing.

After living in CA most of my life (not any more), I hear of 1-2 families dying of liver failure every year because they thought what they were picking what were the same ones they picked in their native countries.

i just don't think I'd ever take that risk.

I'm sure it's all safe for those that know what they are doing.

After living in CA most of my life (not any more), I hear of 1-2 families dying of liver failure every year because they thought what they were picking what were the same ones they picked in their native countries.

i just don't think I'd ever take that risk.

i agree sharon on knowing what your gettin... i have a audaboun book that i use exclusively for identification of the other types and i havnt seen the true morals in the fall in my area at all..

When I first saw the title of this I was tempted to correct your spelling... but they really are morels... cool.:thumb::thumb:

We saw our first this past weekend up on the North River road, off the Bald River Falls road.... my son "Ferdinand" took us out shooting wild flowers... (This is a guy that stands 6'3", weighs about 270 and goes nuts with his cameras in a patch of wild flowers)... we were checking out a patch when LOML called me over to see the one she found.... :wave: