Yup, I need another log.....

Artprize 2011 is fast approaching, and I am hoping to attempt another large sculptural turning. I always manage to get myself into a time crunch, but hopefully I won't be trying to cram all the work into a short time frame like last year.

I'm looking for a another curved log, 7' long, and 8-12" in diameter. Just about any hardwood would be usable, but oak (especially Pin Oak) would be ideal.

Thanks all!

Matt Hutchinson

popcorn.jpg

Don't have any pin oaks that I know of Hutch, but wondering, fresh cut/green or something that has been laying for a while/year or two? Larry or Paul Downes ought to be able to reach into their minds and remember where just such a tree is standing. :thumb:

Fresh cut is preferred, but a downed tree that has minimal to no checking could work.

I am currently modifying my design, so I may not even need it to be curved. Also, I am leaning toward either ash or maple for the species, cuz I think I will be applying a dye to the piece (an air-brushed fade).

Thanks!

Hutch

P.S. Yeah this could be another crazy project. Here's a sketch of one of the versions.

Attachments

• Artprise Proposal Sketch2.JPG
    Artprise Proposal Sketch2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: