Fund Raisers Help

Ok Steve i got a few for you to think on.

Back where i came from people also hunt. Its too complex and long a story to explain but its pretty much confined to the group that one might say are former boers.

Well teh school most of their kids went to would hold a "Wild Fees" translated it means Wild Feast.

What they would do is lay on a bunch of shelters (out our way Army tents structured to be like an out of africa theme.

Each tent had a host and hostess whos job it was to make a "tradditional game stew" with the meat provided by local hunters.

So each host and hostess sold tickets to friends businesses and family to get people to attend.

They organized a band to play in a stage in the middle of the field and a huge bon fire.

I would used the occassion as a business social event to buy a whole tent.
Then invited various members of staff from across our racial lines to help them all get to know each other and try foster understanding of the different backgrounds. It was always a huge success and raised a fortune for the school.

My Engineering managers son went to the school and he was also a proper hunter. (none of this hiding out in a tree and ambushing the animals like a terrorist. He stalked them on foot like a bow hunter friend of his.

Trick is many folks dont get to try game meat. You need quite a bit for an occassion like this with the size that they were, but they got to the stage where companies would buy a tent a year in advance.

So you could do wild pig, buck, i dunno if you could get a bear and moose maybe a few wild turkeys on a spit, out where you are it needs variety even if you end up bringing in the meat from elsewhere.

Oh the other thing was we used the big round cast iron pots at each tent to cook in. These have three legs underneath and are round bottom not flat.

But to cook what today we might call country fare or pioneer food in it. Real comfort food. mmm getting hungry just thinking about it.:D

You need to look at billing the event as something different and something to get the nearest town folk out to a night in the country. Good old country band or bluegrass boys man i can see it now.:rofl::rofl:

The other thing is if you have anyone that is administrative in nature and dont mind doing some admin, sit down and right a request for funds letter. Then mail it to as many corporations as you can. Dont laugh it works. Its a numbers game. They all have a charity arm. Offer some payback in terms of honor board or something of that nature. Add some pics of kids playing and send it back in a decent frame with their name on. Keep the list in a spreadsheet and each year do the same. If you not asking for a ridiculous amount of money they can dole out small cash to many and have a small budget go far in terms of effect.

If you get creative with the kids in the local school, and have them make up artistic type request for donation posters or letters then write the local radio station. You gotta work the media. Try get money from outside the immediate circle. There is philanthropic money out there. But its like promoting a business. They cannot give if they dont know you exist or need it. Dont make the pitch look to rich or it dont look needy.;)