How's about some flames!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Not mine, but my kid brothers work:D My brother Tim, who has taken up carving after our dad, has created this piece as a house warming gift for a good friend of his, it is his first large flat piece he has created and in my opinion DANG NICE STUFF:thumb::thumb::thumb: I helped him create an account here today and hopefully he went to his e-mail and finished the set up for it so he can participate with us as he does have a few questions on staining. I feel he has a great eye for dimension and that is why I wanted to share this with you all. So what ya all think, signed one proud brother:D

Attachments

• Tim's carving 1.jpg
    Tim's carving 1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Tim's carving 2.jpg
    Tim's carving 2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Tim's carving 3.jpg
    Tim's carving 3.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Tim's carving 4.jpg
    Tim's carving 4.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Tim's carving 5.jpg
    Tim's carving 5.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Tim's carving 6.jpg
    Tim's carving 6.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 68
Tim

We have some friends who are Harley nuts. They take a 3,000 mile trip and hardly think about doing it. They would be ecstatic about something like this. I know that there are many others who are the same. Why doesn't he start a side-line business?

That is a really handsome piece.

Enjoy,

Jim

That's awesome work, Tom (and Tim). :thumb:

I just checked, and Tim still hasn't clicked on the link in the confirmation e-mail that was sent to him. Once that's done, we'll be able to finalize his registration. (But we'll be watching him like a hawk. He's one of them Niemi boys, after all. Trouble from the get-go, I tell ya.) :rofl:

them neimi boys got talent in there jeans,, there dad is a excellent bird carver and artistic abilities run in there family.. i have been fortunate to see many other samples of what there family has done..Well done Tim:thumb::thumb:

From a carver to a carver I think it is awesome. I can easily relate to that and the amount of time it takes. Is it a comission?

A pity that the middle panel came out of different colour, I have the same problem with my tool panel and these sort of occurrences can't always be avoided, for whatever the reason (problably a board from a different tree) some boards that at the beggining of a project appeared to be of similar colour they darken faster or differently than the rest.