Mackie mixer box

Gene Miller

It's been a while since I visited and even longer since I have built anything. I have a mixer that needs a box. I can't find the racketing lift or special latches they use . any help would be appreciated . the racket allows you to position the mixer in any position. the latches they use are just cool. they are called bi-position butterfly latches. there are no names on any that i have seen . below is a picture of the racketing system.

gene

http://www.sesystems.com/Assets/ProductImages/SKB_1SKB19-P12_Open.jpg

Last edited:
thank you. i thought i would never find that racket. i think it will take longer to design in sketchup then to build. it's been a while. looking forward to getting back into it.

thanks again
gene

What are you covering the case with, carpet, paint? I made a couple cases recently and used the do it yourself herculiner truck bed coating. I dont think that i will do that again. It cost almost what I was quoted to get it professionally sprayed on and didnt turn out nearly as nice as a spray job. :lurk:

Dave thanks for telling me about the herculiner. i was going to go that route. i have a sprayed finish on my jbl's which matches my truck bed liner . That is the look that i want. Line-x here i come.

gene

What I found with herculiner was that 2 coats were necessary, a regular roller doesn't work well, a brush doesn't work well, the second coat HAS to be applied within 24 hours, the end product is very rubbery (which isn't necessarily bad or good) I have a lineX liner in a work truck and I prefer that over what I ended up with herculiner. I ended up spending about $60 with herculiner, I was quoted $100 from a professional. For the extra $40 I wish I would have had them spray it.