Not talking about it.

Bill Lantry

No. I'm not talking about it.

All I'll say is that a little under ten years ago, I stood with my best friend at the edge of campus, watching black smoke rise above the city that's become my home.

So tonight, I'll admit it. Yes, I'm happy about today's events, even though it's not actually an ethical source of joy.

But I'm still not talking about it.

Yours, in peace,

Bill

For the past half hour or so I've been trying to think of something to say that wouldn't step on the CoC. I think your approach is a prudent one. ;)

A little less than 10 years ago, I sat with a very good buddy as he was glued to the tv watching the twin towers fall. His daughter had called her mother, his wife, as she exited the subway and was running and talking on her cell when it went dead. It was almost 24 hours later before they found out she had in fact made it out alive. Very scary for us, more tragic for a lot of other families indeed.
I agree whole heartedly Bill, very well stated to describe my feelings and stay within CoC.

My family lost a good friend on 9-11-2001. He was a good man, a good father, and a good friend, and Glenn Travers didnt deserve to die at the hands of a bunch of coward murderers. That is not political. Just a fact.
I hope we get every last one of them responsible for their cowardly acts of murder and total disregard for human life(and a tiny bit of justice for all the firemen and police officers,and the parents of so many children in our school district and surrounding districts, that didnt make it home that night)

And lets rest assured that this event we first heard about yesterday is not only vindication for our country, but for many others who have also been affected by the decision this man and his cohorts have made. And it is against people of many religions, including people of his own faith that have been touched in the worse way from his decisions. We must not let down our guard as there very well may be more attacks coming in the days and years to come. The battle on terrorism certainly has not ended. I am encouraged though that this may have already solidified, at least somewhat, a few of the alliances we have in some of the countries that will be key to the continuing battle against terror. Jim.

to me, the news was a mix of we finally got him, and the utter stupidity of making the announcement. some things, like the moon landings, should be shouted from the roof tops, and others should be kept under one's hat. if you're going to pull a tiger's tail, it's best not to be on the same side of the bars as the tiger.

I got a call from Jacob last night at 2 AM he asked if I heard yet and I said I did. It sounded like a party at ISU he said about 4-5 K were in the streets. Any reason to party I guess. DC is on Alert and I am on watch out mode 24/7. Keep all my hunting gear in the van. Don't think any good will be coming of this latest development.