Turning out 2BA

Sissy...can't shake the heebee geebee's of waiting for a blow-out or fly-off :eek::rofl:...oh well, at least I'll continue to chronicle my turtle-speed learning process for your all's entertainment :thumb:

Made the neighbor some cedar seating and parking for cold drinks for his deck last week. Had some leftover scraps and threw this lamp together as an added bonus... Long ways to go, but hopefully I'll get there...

I've been thinking about finding a guide/teacher or what-not and wondering, how many of you just kept plugging away on the learning curve alone?

Attachments

• mini-DSCF3507.jpg
    mini-DSCF3507.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 68
  • mini-DSCF3509.jpg
    mini-DSCF3509.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 67
  • mini-DSCF3516.jpg
    mini-DSCF3516.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 55
Ken, those chairs and table are awesome! I really like the vertical thin strips for the back...the lamp looks great as well! :thumb: Are you going to put any finish on the seating/table or the lamp?

Looking good, Ken. :thumb:

On the learning curve question, I pretty much did it solo with the help of a few videos and Internet buddies who were better turners than me. If I had found someone to mentor me, it would have shortened the curve considerably. I wish you lived closer to me...I'd be glad to show you haw I do things wrong. ;)

Thanks guy's, I just boosted my net speed today, so I can finally watch some video demo's on-line, with-out that durn buffering suffering... We dropped our speed and our satellite service a while back due to me not working, I don't know which of the disappointments is worse :rofl:

& I appreciate the offer Vaughn, would be some fun times as well as the learning, I'd bet the farm on it! :thumb: