Great tomato soup

I've been spending more time in the kitchen trying to improve my cooking skills. Recently, I was given a recipe for a great tomato soup, which I promptly modified to better suit my taste. I put the recipe, and pictures of the process of making the soup, on my web site

If you make the soup, let me know how you liked it.

Mike

Attachments

• Tomato-soup-16.jpg
    Tomato-soup-16.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 18
Yummy!!!! You need an Immersion Blender (aka boat motor) Mike. I make split pea and ham soup and got tired of burning myself and spilling soup trying to get it in the blender...I'm ambidextrous and have to think before I do anything:(. It also work great when you want something totally pureed or like some chunk for texture. I'll be making that soup soon!:thumb::thumb:

Yummy!!!! You need an Immersion Blender (aka boat motor) Mike. I make split pea and ham soup and got tired of burning myself and spilling soup trying to get it in the blender...I'm ambidextrous and have to think before I do anything:(. It also work great when you want something totally pureed or like some chunk for texture. I'll be making that soup soon!:thumb::thumb:
I have (or had) an immersion blender but I recently moved and can't find it. So I used my regular blender. I'll add a note to the recipe to say that an immersion blender can be used. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. You can make modifications to the recipe - for example, I've thought of adding red bell pepper, but there are other changes possible. If you make modifications and you like the way it comes out, please let me know.

Mike

ooohhhhh....roasted red bellpepper with roasted corn kernals sprinkled on top!!
Don't you just hate that Mike? We moved in January and my wife set up the kitchen. I can't find half my stuff, but it's in here somewhere. My wife does not cook...I love my wife and she should not be in the kitchen:rofl::rofl:!!
I can't rearrange it until the doc clears me to lift my arm...but I can't wait!!! Thanks for the effort you put into that soup!!:thumb::thumb:

Yep, Absolutely fantastic.

The grilled cheeses were a mix of gruyere, parmesan, and cheddar with bacon on sourdough. Maybe an odd combo, but it worked!

The soup was great. I can't imagine doing the whole scoop and blend tango. The immersion blender did such a great job. I had a little one I bought at a grocery store 10 years ago. I should have dumped it 9 years ago. The cuisinart one works so well. No splashin, no nothing. It just takes what you put it in an turns it into a puree in no time.

Thanks for the recipe Mike!

Yummy!!!! You need an Immersion Blender (aka boat motor) Mike. I make split pea and ham soup and got tired of burning myself and spilling soup trying to get it in the blender.

:huh:
When I do dutch style split-pea soup, the ham and split peas go in the slow cooker and cook all day. No need for a blender, just give it a stir when you serve and it's thick and yummy.

I like to cook and I like the sounds of this recipe. We are always looking for new soup recipes. Thanks for sharing.

With regard to immersion blenders....one of the world's greatest kitchen tools. I use mine for everything from breaking up ground beef and sausage to make fine hot dog chili to making whipped cream. When I bought the one we have my wife asked why we needed it but now uses it all the time. I highly recommend this tool.

P.S. I haven't found any uses for it in the shop.

I've got the same one Sharon!! That thing is a monster!! It also came with a mini chopper cup for nuts and stuff. My wife bought me one a few years ago and like Brent, I should have gracefully dumped it. The blade guard/cone melted and the blade wanted to eat the pot. It was a cast iron dutch oven, very lucky! We only have another week of soup weather so I better get on it!

Mike S...use it for a texture tool on box lids and if you do HF's...great for coring!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: