Boy, I'm gonna sell my guitars after seeing this!

I saw this a while back, and although I'm impressed with the video, I feel kinda sorry for the little kids. What you're seeing in the video has nothing to do with musical talent, but everything to do with repetitive rote learning. It's my guess that their smiles are the result of indoctrination, not joy. Also, the audio track does not match the video well at all, which makes me suspect the music was recorded before the kids filmed the video. (I have no idea if it's actually them playing the recorded music, but I'm certain the video is not a live recording of their playing.)

Well first of all I cant play any musical instrument much to my regret, I can read music and sing but when it comes to playing I am in awe of anyone who plays. I also find myself in agreement with Vaughn (can't believe I said that) that the whole thing looks staged.

Don't go burning your guitars just yet. All you have to do is spend 8 hours a day practicing and in what appears to be a relatively short amount of time, you too could do that.

Seriously. One of my friends had a bad car wreck and he was out of commission for over a year. Bored out of his skull, he decided to use his time productively and he picked up the guitar. It's amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it and dedicate the time and energy.

Not to take anything away from those kids, I would suspect that that this was not their idea, and that they spent many, many, hours practicing that song...

I saw this a while back, and although I'm impressed with the video, I feel kinda sorry for the little kids. What you're seeing in the video has nothing to do with musical talent, but everything to do with repetitive rote learning. It's my guess that their smiles are the result of indoctrination, not joy. Also, the audio track does not match the video well at all, which makes me suspect the music was recorded before the kids filmed the video. (I have no idea if it's actually them playing the recorded music, but I'm certain the video is not a live recording of their playing.)

These "kids" are North Korean. It is well documented that due to the monastic existence caused by the sanctions against NK, the folks are much smaller than their counterparts in South Korea. I suspect that these performers are actually 18 years old.

Well first of all I cant play any musical instrument much to my regret, I can read music and sing but when it comes to playing I am in awe of anyone who plays. I also find myself in agreement with Vaughn (can't believe I said that) that the whole thing looks staged.

I don't know one way or another about what Don and Vaughn said.. I'm like Don, I don't play any instrument - I don't even play a radio well - and I certainly can't sing... last time I tried to sing in church, I got a 8 year old's elbow in the ribs and a stage whisper... "Dad, Dad, don't sing you sound terrible" ... from my 8 year old son.

But I do agree it doesn't look all that real... neither does the babies roller skating.

I have the same feeling Vaughn, knowing some of the education methods that they use in Korea I feel sorry for them, for what they must have endured. While I agree that things should be learnt young, I wonder if these kids had much time to play and enjoy themselves.:(