Earthquakes in Spain

Guys i had an email from Toni today. He did not mention the earthquakes but he is quiet a way from the area. Toni is more north east of the area that had the quakes. He is actually even further east of Barcelona to give you an idea of location.

Roughly 600Km North east of the quakes.

Thats not to say he dont have no family in the area. I know hes very busy travelling around Europe on business so i hope he logs in some time and clears things up.

Hi guys, thanks for the concern but the quake was far away from were I live. we didn't notice anything here.

That area is prone (if we may say so) to suffer from very light earthquakes from time to time. So light ones, that at the most you hear the china rattling or see the lamp moving slightly. Many of them pass unoticed.

The problem this time has been first the intensity 5.5 Richter scale and the fact that the epicentre was exactly in the town.
According to the news 80% of the buildings of the town have been affected but only about 20% of that 80 will have to be demolished and they are all on the oldest part of the town, mainly buildings older than 50-80 years.

Another issue is the masonry, cornices and other building parts that fell on top of people, result 9 people dead.
Sad times for the town and for the familys of the dead ones.