Got my equipment yesterday...

Ned Bulken

I got my full load of equipment from Olan Mills yesterday. Holy Smokes that's a lotta gear! 3 Backgrounds, a tripod & dolley, 6 light stands, 2 stools, 4 bags for the light stands 4 monolights and a 'generator (power pack)', plus props, posing stands, a 'stuff' box (general catch all for power cords etc...) a laptop and of course a camera... sheesh. I think I need a bigger truck. I'll try and get pics of it tomorrow (left the Nikon home today... no room in the Buick!)

Job is going very well, met I've now 'met' the 4 bosses up the line from me save... each one just as nice as the last!

Headed to Lynchburg today, should be a fun shoot!

Glad to hear you are having fun!

Kind of a change going from taking pictures of architecture to portraits? I'd think the people might make the job a little more fun :thumb:

Ned, it's good to see a fellow photographer getting work. Do you also have to deliver the sales pitch to customers? Olan Mills has been around a long time and is well respected.
It's always fun to get new gear to play with. Enjoy........now back to work.

That's good to hear Ned. It makes for a shorter day when you enjoy who you work for and what you do. :thumb:

Thanks Jonathan, I'm still doing a fair amount of retraining, but it is fun, and I am enjoying it so far!

Glad to hear you are having fun!

Kind of a change going from taking pictures of architecture to portraits? I'd think the people might make the job a little more fun :thumb:

Big change, the weather won't have as big an effect on my day... the people are nice, since I'm doing church directories...

Happy snapping, Ned. :thumb:

Are you driving your own vehicle, or does the company provide one for you?
Thanks Vaughn,
my vehicle, but I knew that going in. I get to do massive write-offs at the end of the year. Company pays some mileage, but I Still get .30c/mi from the feds at the end of the year. I've decided I'm going to buy a 'work vehicle', that way the wife and kids can use the Buick again... right now she's driving my mother's sedan.

Ned, it's good to see a fellow photographer getting work. Do you also have to deliver the sales pitch to customers? Olan Mills has been around a long time and is well respected.
It's always fun to get new gear to play with. Enjoy........now back to work.
I'm strictly a photographer Tom, no sales beyond a few 'hints', we have an on-site proof consultant with me, so the folks get their photos done, and view them in about 10 minutes (depending on the backup in the proof room)
New is a relative term... They're still running a 5MP Olympus as their standard camera. I can only hope someday they manage to up the pixel count. Photogenic mono-lights for the main and fill... and a remote controlled panel for the hair and back lights. infinite possibilities! LOL.

Gee Ned,

You sure know how to make an old camera nut drool.

Enjoy the job and

Enjoy life,

Jim
Thanks Jim! It can be a grind... I've found that I more than just a 'touch' of Sciatica (sp?)... but so long as I can sit down from time to time, It is manageable. I'm losing weight as well, which can only help matters.

:thumb: Thanks Bob!