New Computer mouse

They also have a projection keyboard like that. It projects an image of a keyboard on your desk, and you tap the specific lighted area's...

Both of those would be pretty cool with a table type device. :thumb:

Last edited:
They also have a projection keyboard like that. It projects an image of a keyboard on your desk, and you tap the specific lighted area's...

Both of those would be pretty cool with a table type device. :thumb:

I still think the keyboard would need to be tactile. How are you going to know where the F and J key are to anchor your touch?...unless it gives you bumps to attach to your desk?

Hi,

The "no-mouse" looks like a great idea. However, with keyboard the tactical part is essential for me.

During WWII part of what I was into involved being a radio operator. Let's back up a bit. When I was in high-school, I worked as a typewriter repair "man." This was back in the good old days of mechanical levers, etc. making a hammer with a letter on it strike a ribbon transferring ink to the paper.

OK you have tuned up a typewriter. How do you know if all the flying type bars are not going to have collisions and that the moving carriage will return where it is supposed to when you throw the return lever? You type very fast. Well I learned to type faster than a good secretary. However, I was self taught. I used two fingers and the thumb on each hand.

This really messed me up when I finally took a typing class. However, I kept it up and finally learned to "touch type" like normal people.

Later the military put me into a typing class. My final was 102.2 words per minute and it wasn't even English. It was Morse-Continental code (you know, dots and dashes). This took finger power and coordination to get all those little mechanical parts to dance with each other and be nice.

Then, for six years of my college I had a professional typist transcribe my notes. I didn't even have a typewriter. Boy---did that ever kiss 102.2 bye-bye.

All of the preceding stuff was a lead in to: I cannot even vaguely imagine typing very fast without the tactile feed back of an actual keyboard. "Air guitar" may be one thing, however, "Air keyboard" seems like an entirely different story.

Enjoy,

Jim

Gee Cynthia, you just got another "Old man story."

But the keyboard version sure screws up being able to mess with a hunt-N-peck user. Watched a service adviser go nuts when the other guy on the drive switched either 2 or 4 keys on his keyboard. They happened to be letters in his sign on, and he was dead in the water. I go over and type it, by touch, and the computer comes to life. He couldn't figure out what had happened or how I could make it work. We finally had to tell him. Maybe that's why he quit?????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Jim.

(just so you know, he and the guy that did this are best friends and hunting buddies, so we weren't just being mean to the new guy)

I've never liked the touch pads on laptops either. Very annoying.

But I think this device would be more like the multitouch smartphones/tablet devices. And that is a completely different paradigm.

It would be interesting to see how they could integrate the use of a cursor with the gestures of a touch screen...