All the Veterans and current Service men and women

To all of you who have signed "the blank check" with your life on the line for those of us like me that just thoroughly enjoy all of the freedoms we do have here in the USA, thank you.
This thank you is for those who have served or are serving currently. I greatly appreciate all you have done for our country. You are heroes. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tomorrow is for remembering those who died in all our wars to give and preserve freedom. We have a ceremony at the plaza in town, as we also do on Veteran's Day in November. I have missed one in 32 years.

To all those who have and are serving our country, you have my deepest respect. I offer you my sincerest thanks for all that you have done for our country. :thumb:

While Memorial Day is to remember those who died in service to our country, I ask you to also remember those who came back severely disabled - burned, loss of limbs, blinded, traumatic brain injury, PTSD, and many other injuries. While they didn't die, those warriors will live a very different and restricted life compared to what they might have.

And while we should remember those who died, we can't help the dead but we sure can, and should, help those living "who bore the battle".

Mike

My hat's off to all who have served, who are serving, and who will serve in the future. Thank you for sacrificing a bit of your freedom (and perhaps even your life) to preserve mine.

I still tear up when they play the National Anthem.

But this really gets me reaching for the Kleenex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Bart, I'm with you.

As most of you know by now, I worked at Camp Pendleton Marine Base for several years. I know of the gore, the disrupted and destroyed lives. However,the thing that haunts me very frequently, happened at the base (which is surprisingly a very peaceful place). I was leaving the office at the end of the day to go to my car while another person was coming from the parking area.

She was a clean cut, bright looking, VERY beautiful, lady in her early 20's... Her right leg was gone from the knee down.

Yes, a tremendous number of military had it even worse---However, SHE is the picture that haunts me and makes me tear up whenever I think of her and how her life was changed.

To me she is the image that represents the horror that all of the mentally and physically wounded have suffered. She, and the other wounded paid in the extreme so I have been able to have a wonderful life.

Enjoy your life, country, friends, relations, standard of living, education and all of the other wonderful things we have in this country,

Jim

Honor the troops, past and present.

Last edited: