Wainscot in the works

Tom Niemi

Staff member
I have been working on this for a while now and really need to finish it up as on July 9th we are having a thank you party for all that have helped us on the kitchen and this NEEDS to be done. So dual purpose here, first is just to show how and where I am at and second, I feel posting this will keep me in gear by showing updates.......and I am sure I can and will receive some gentle nudges from you fine folks:rolleyes: So here are some pics of the many pieces (114 to be exact) along with a simple cutting board for a wedding gift next weekend

Attachments

• Wainscot 1.jpg
    Wainscot 1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Wainscot 2.jpg
    Wainscot 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Wainscot 3.jpg
    Wainscot 3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Wainscot 4.jpg
    Wainscot 4.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 65
  • Wainscot 5.jpg
    Wainscot 5.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Maple_Jarrah Cutting Board.jpg
    Maple_Jarrah Cutting Board.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 71
Well for those whom may still be interested in this I have a ton of pieces stained and ready for install and that will happen TOMORROW:thumb: lets see here, 112 pieces with 4 coats each of finish:eek: have I ever said I am not a fan of finishing before:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: YES pics TOMORROW:thumb:

Well after a good days work I have wainscot:D I still need to finish above the doors and put a cap on top of the wainscot but all in all I am happy with it:thumb:

Attachments

• Wainscot Finished 5.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 5.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Wainscot Finished 4.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 4.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Wainscot Finished 3.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Wainscot Finished 2.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Wainscot Finished 1.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Wainscot Finished 6.jpg
    Wainscot Finished 6.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 50
Wow, i only caught up with this thread. Man alive you spoilt with fancy wood.;) You sure got an eye for it.

I like the sign above the buffet/hutch (HOME) :thumb::thumb:

You sure made it look like a castle. I always thought you guys in North America always used pine for this and painted it. Got another edumacation.