Old Ice Chest

Allen in case you aint seen it take a look at some of Daves artistic work

http://colonialrestorationstudio.blogspot.com/

Try this one for size. Sorry Dave they should not be stuck away on some sight somewhere.....;)

IMG_1937.JPG

Dave, that is one amazing transformation!!! You did a fabulous job!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
I am sure back then it was a piece of utilitarian furniture. You brought it back to that status. I am in awe of your talents and patience.

Finished up with this one, Golden Oak, clear coat Satin Lacquer, polished brass. Repainted the interior white. The packing note is back where I found it , under the top.

OK, Dumb question - into which compartment does the ice go?

Top right hand so that the melting water drips down to the a pan in the bottom right hand compartment - then the left hand section must need shelves to hold the refrigerated stuff? Correct?

The owner pick it up this morning and we had a group hug she was so happy. She was giving it to her daughter but has decided to keep it LOL Priceless moments.

No good deed goes unpunished. You fabulous restoration of that grand old piece will now start a rift in the family :rofl:. Very nice work. I am repeatedly startled by how your skills can bring things back from the dead.

I would go with one word Glenn

Resuscitate ;):rofl:

Websters does the definition to fit Daves work.

"To revivify; to revive; especially, to recover or restore from apparent death"

Hey Dave i would work that into a slogan if i were you something like the ones they have on the fishing shows....."Berkly - Catch more fish"

Colonial Restoration

"Resuscitating fine antique works since 1976" ;)