Urgent: When putting in Plastic Conduit Question

I can't say for sure, but i don't think it matters.

If it does, I hope I did mine right :p :p

I planned those locations for ease of install more than anything, honestly.

Thanks Everyone! :thumb:

Well, I ran it so that when it goes into the box, the bells won't collect water.

We had a trench dug today and are having some yard hydrants dug. I though I would put conduit in the trench so I could run some electric out to where the camper sits and the pool is located, so I don't have to run the extension cords across the driveway.

Next week I call the electrician... :thumb:

Seperate trenches might work well in places where you could use a ditch witch. The guy brought out a bobcat with a backhoe bucket on it. There is no way a trencher would have made it trough the rocks here. As it was, we were lucky enough to get through one area, and that was only because I used my breaker hammer to pound the rock into pieces so the backhoe could get a finger hold on them.

Whoo! I thought hiring this out mean't I'd have a nice relaxing day of watching someone else work. So far I've done all the hard work and he's just been driving the bobcat around! :eek: :rofl:

But Seriously, I figure every bit I help should knock a little time off of what he has to do. And I think I just finished up putting in the posts to support the hydrants. These are only going to be for seasonal use, as the line they are coming off of is only for seasonal irrigation anyway.

But it will be nice to have them.

Here, technically, you aren't supposed to put electric and water in the same trench...

Here, it's allowed. My shop has electric, gas, and water lines all in the same trench.

(I guess if the electric shorts and catches the plastic gas line on fire, the melting water line will put the fire out...) :D:D

Here, it's allowed. My shop has electric, gas, and water lines all in the same trench.

(I guess if the electric shorts and catches the plastic gas line on fire, the melting water line will put the fire out...) :D:D

Bwahahahah! :rofl:

Well, the driveway will never be the same, but the weeds next to the dog run are gone and buried deep! :eek:

At least it's done.

I'm way too old and out of shape for this stuff. Last weekend I was sore for 4 days after putting up the framing for my shed. I picked rocks and ran the jackhammer and shoveled like crazy today.

I think the job ended up being way more than the guy though it would take. I have to give him credit, he was a man of his word and only asked for what his estimate was. I think he did that because I was out there doing a bunch of the physical labor while he ran the bobcat and I saved him a lot of effort. All in all it took him several more hours than he thought. Let's just say he left with a bigger check than he thought he got. I'll definitely be using him (and his family) again for any well/plumbing work we need done around here.

Just remember what way you put them in. When your pulling the wire in you will want to be pulling it out of the straight end and into the bell. Other way around and the wire will hang on the end of the pipe.:thumb:

Just remember what way you put them in. When your pulling the wire in you will want to be pulling it out of the straight end and into the bell. Other way around and the wire will hang on the end of the pipe.:thumb:

Good to know. I did get the 3/4" conduit instead of the 1/2, so hopefully that, with a good amount of lube will make things easy.

But you know how I am with projects, might take a while before I get around to it.

Good to know. I did get the 3/4" conduit instead of the 1/2, so hopefully that, with a good amount of lube will make things easy.

But you know how I am with projects, might take a while before I get around to it.

3/4" What ya running bell wire?:doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Plastic is cheap. Run AT LEAST 2 3/4". 3 (one of them larger than 3/4") would be better. You never know what else you might need to pull out there some day. Also, bury the string in the conduit from the start. Some years from now, when you need to pull another cable, you'll thank me.

Heh, Well far too late for all of the good advice...

I do have one run of 3/4" in the ground, and with the rocks around here,that's as good as it will ever get.

I don't think I can get Chris out to dig another trench after todays debacle! :rofl:

Sounds like a good day's work and it will pay you back 10 fold...take some ibuprofen. ;)

Need to do the same in running lines up to the shop for phone/computer, luckily I can trench. :)

It would be worth it if nothing else for peace of mind to do as Rennie suggested. Just hook two strings to one of your wires and pull them through, unhook one and use the other to pull the wire back through. That extra string, like most things, if it is there, you may never need it, if it isn't there you WILL need it. A piece of panty hose (from the knee down on one leg) tied to kite string, shop vac at the other end, will pull the first string through for you easily quite a long distance actually.