Penmania!!

Jim Burr

Back to bowls and stuff next week, but for now....
Apple from Thoits & Thoits of Beverly Hills that has a ton of curl!! Thanks Chuckster:thumb::thumb::thumb: My wifes new carry pen, like she doesn't have several already:rolleyes:. Seafoam from Exoic Blanks on a Ti Aero. This morning, the second fountain pen I've done...don't know why. Jr Gent gold on Cheechen. I've never turned it before and it reminds me of Cocobolo. CA x8 and wet sanded to 12k after every other coat. Acrylic is just wet sanded to 12k.
C&C used on the next one:wave::wave:

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 53
  • apple2.jpg
    apple2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53
  • fountain.jpg
    fountain.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 49
Back to bowls and stuff next week, but for now....
Apple from Thoits & Thoits of Beverly Hills that has a ton of curl!! Thanks Chuckster:thumb::thumb::thumb: My wifes new carry pen, like she doesn't have several already:rolleyes:. Seafoam from Exoic Blanks on a Ti Aero. This morning, the second fountain pen I've done...don't know why. Jr Gent gold on Cheechen. I've never turned it before and it reminds me of Cocobolo. CA x8 and wet sanded to 12k after every other coat. Acrylic is just wet sanded to 12k.
C&C used on the next one:wave::wave:

Jim,

Very nice looking group of Writing Instruments!
Form, Fit and Finish look great as usual.
I particularly like the Seafoam barrel on that Ti Aero.
Well done.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Les

Jim,

Very nice looking group of Writing Instruments!
Form, Fit and Finish look great as usual.
I particularly like the Seafoam barrel on that Ti Aero.
Well done.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Les

What Les said. :thumb:

My only critique is on the photos. Looks like your white balance is a bit off, as the background has a pink tint to it. Here's a quick Photoshop tweak to show what I mean...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jim Burr Apple Pen Tweaked.jpg
    Jim Burr Apple Pen Tweaked.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 93
What Les said. :thumb:

My only critique is on the photos. Looks like your white balance is a bit off, as the background has a pink tint to it. Here's a quick Photoshop tweak to show what I mean...

Thanks bud, that looks cool...er! I need a better camera. 1949 Polaroid...not really, but it is an old Polaroid digital and I'm not the best operator of its foreign nomenclature.
Maybe a good Nikon pocket at Target...I'm on a budget!

Hi Jim; I'm trying to see if the finials on the Jr. G. and the FP are matching the pen bodies. I'm thinking, not!:dunno::D

Yo Mack, I thought about that after I finished these:doh:. I think I am going to redo the finial in the FP...it's perfect for this. I use the Jr Gent postable caps and the FP is non-postable. Not sure if that's an issue:huh:
I printed off the tutorial so there is no excuse next time :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks guys...and if I may say so, it's nice to see an increased amount of postings in the turning forum of late! Keep it up!:thumb::thumb::thumb: